What old stuff do you still use?

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I have a model of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701 and a Klingon Bird of Prey on top of my Infinity tower speakers. I believe that they are from the 90s.
I have a NCC-1701, 1701A, 1701B, 1701C, 1701D, 1701E, an Apollo Lunar Lander and a Jupiter 2. :)

Unfortunately the boys kinda wrecked the 1701A, 1701B and a USS Reliant. The earliest, the 1701A dates to the late 1980's.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I have a NCC-1701, 1701A, 1701B, 1701C, 1701D, 1701E, an Apollo Lunar Lander and a Jupiter 2. :)

Unfortunately the boys kinda wrecked the 1701A, 1701B and a USS Reliant. The earliest, the 1701A dates to the late 1980's.
Wow that is a nice collection. :) I also have a Romulan warbird but it too big to display with the others.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Still play 1996 Master of Orion 2 on my desktop and laptop. It still works with Windows 10 and 11. :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The speakers and AVR I am currently using for 2 channel are 20 yrs or so old, and I will be bummed if it dies before I do. I get attached to things that perform well, like that proverbial favorite pair of old shoes. Thankfully I have duplicates.

Most of my work tools I have had since my early 20s and I have fishing rods/reels I still use that are 40 years.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
from an audio standpoint the oldest piece of gear I have is the radio in my '67 Corvette. But since it's a BB I prefer listening to the exhaust note through the side pipes ;)

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
from an audio standpoint the oldest piece of gear I have is the radio in my '67 Corvette. But since it's BB I prefer listening to the exhaust note through the side pipes ;)
Nice, never owned a Vette and I'm jealous. Just curious, how difficult is to maintain an almost 60-year-old car?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nice, never owned a Vette and I'm jealous.
no need for that, plenty of them for sale ! Hell, I'll sell you one of mine !

Just curious, how difficult is to maintain an almost 60-year-old car?
I grew up on ignition system with points, still have all the tools, piece of cake !

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic

I grew up on ignition system with points, still have all the tools, piece of cake !
Awe the good ole days! Ignition system, points, That little condenser, that you can charge up:D somebody picked it up, Gotta shock!

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Nice, never owned a Vette and I'm jealous. Just curious, how difficult is to maintain an almost 60-year-old car?
Any Vehicle pre 80, One with reasonable mechanical skills can keep them going for almost forever.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
no need for th

Thanks, but I haven't owned a performance car since my 280 ZX Turbo back in the 80s - 90s. Man that thing was fast. I'm happy with my 2023 AWD Subaru Cross trek right now and since I only have a one car garage I'll have to pass. So how many vettes do you own? Curious minds want to know. :)

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Have an old Motorola Hi-Fi stereo console record player. Works great. It even plays those hard to find 16 2/3 rpm records.
We had an old Packard Bell console stereo (from the 50's) with a record player that had the 16 RPM setting. It included a large B&W television, AM/FM mono radio and a stereo record player. Each section of the console deployed vacuum tubes.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

I have a big Apollo V model- must be at least three feet tall.

Looking for my Pong video game.....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
One of the oldest pieces would be my Sanyo cassette deck, bottom right. That would be from the '80s. Still works great. Nicest feature is manually adjustable bias. I wish all my decks had manual bias adjustment to fine tune recording. It's a Dolby C unit but the head is not the best so it does not play back as well as my Nikko ND-1000C which is a 3 head unit.

This whole system is older gear. :D The TV is a Panasonic plasma from 2010 that is still going strong. The receiver is a 4-channel Kenwood analogue AVR which was given to me by a friend and served as an analogue surround receiver for many years (recently replaced with my Denon 2310ci). The Technics CD player is my wife's and she still likes to play discs on occasion. The other silver unit is a Panasonic combo DVD / VHS player for older media.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I have an Activision anthology disk that I can run on my win 10 pc. I rarely play any of the games, but I have played Pitfall a few times. It was my favorite game for the ATARI 2600 back in the day. Never tried it on my win 11 laptop.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I have an Activision anthology disk that I can run on my win 10 pc. I rarely play any of the games, but I have played Pitfall a few times. It was my favorite game for the ATARI 2600 back in the day. Never tried it on my win 11 laptop.
I sold my Atari 800XL system a couple of years ago. Passed it along to a collector as it sat in storage for too long. I had the complete system with computer, disk drive, printer, 2600 style controllers, a track ball, and even the modem interface. I had loads of cartridge games on disk including Pitfall. Really loved Joust and Boulder Dash and the track ball was great for Missile Command and Centipede.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis