William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Update!!!

I'm embarrassed as hell now... so I took the sub from my computer setup to play in the living room for a movie tonight (having guests). And realized that my brand new Jamo sub wasn’t working in the living room! Hmmm... took the psw505 works on my amplifier on the computer. So, sorry for wasting everyone’s time! (I just got my computer amp/speakers/sub, so I didn’t have a second amp to test the psw505 on before I got that)

So now I’m looking at replacing my receiver... Do you guys agree that $425 is a good price for a lightly used Marantz SR5013? I’m excited at the idea of it... all the features and having a quality receiver.
Ok. So the 505 does work? I think I followed that right. I would still seriously consider upgrading it. I know, we all sound like we’re crazy, but once you hear clean linear low distortion bass, there’s no going back.

I have to commend you on the full confession though. Could’ve easily kept that one to yourself and nobody would’ve known lol. But hey, we’ve all done stuff like that.

Pssst(whispering inner voice of persuasion speaking). You.....need.....a new subwoofer.........

A

Aruss87

Enthusiast
Ok. So the 505 does work? I think I followed that right. I would still seriously consider upgrading it. I know, we all sound like we’re crazy, but once you hear clean linear low distortion bass, there’s no going back.

I have to commend you on the full confession though. Could’ve easily kept that one to yourself and nobody would’ve known lol. But hey, we’ve all done stuff like that.

Pssst(whispering inner voice of persuasion speaking). You.....need.....a new subwoofer.........
I know I do! But even if I got a new one with my current receiver, it wouldn't work. I seriously considered not saying anything haha! But... I always learn the hard way. Since my receiver is the thing that is now only functioning partially, that'll be the next thing to upgrade to something I'll be keeping long-term. I'm not sure if there's a better deal than the Marantz I'm looking at. Might pull the plug within a couple of days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know I do! But even if I got a new one with my current receiver, it wouldn't work. I seriously considered not saying anything haha! But... I always learn the hard way. Since my receiver is the thing that is now only functioning partially, that'll be the next thing to upgrade to something I'll be keeping long-term. I'm not sure if there's a better deal than the Marantz I'm looking at. Might pull the plug within a couple of days.
Before you give up on the Sony you might make sure it's setup to use the sub. If it is setup correctly then I'd consider a soft reset (unplug it for a while) and then if that didn't do anything a full microprocessor/factory reset (assuming that's an option on the Sony, it is with most modern avrs).

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Before you give up on the Sony you might make sure it's setup to use the sub. If it is setup correctly then I'd consider a soft reset (unplug it for a while) and then if that didn't do anything a full microprocessor/factory reset (assuming that's an option on the Sony, it is with most modern avrs).
I was just gonna say that!

Yeah, what sound mode are you using? Could be set to bypass the sub. That would be a ice easy lesson!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis