What music do you love?

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
and if i piss you off im sorry,you try being 19 today
No thanks young man,it sucks gettin old & approchin the age where im thinking about stocking up on "depends" for a rainy day but being young was a b!tch.

NYyankeeboi

NYyankeeboi

Junior Audioholic
LOL, I consider myself fortunate compared to my peers. I have my own place, thank god.

A lotta ppl wouldn't wanna be my age for anything, but what can I do, I can't change who I am. I look at my brother and wouldn't wanna be 10 again for anything.

I just accept and make the best of what I have...and that keeps me positive and focused on the future...

Wait, what are depends?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I got my first taste of music listening to my older sister's LP's, which was 80's New Wave stuff.

Then I discovered Motley Crue and Iron Maiden. I would have become a typical metalhead had it not been for some friends who quickly introduced me to punk. Early Vandals, Exploited, JFA, the Sex Pistols (of course), Descendents, etc, etc, etc.

Because of my early exposure to heavy metal I always leaned more towards the harder sound - got into bands like Agnostic Front, Sick of it All, late 80's New York Hardcore, Slapshot, Starkweather, and on into the 90's.

These days, as age has weathered my tastes into a more rounded, eclectic fold, I still like that kind of music, and pretty much anything that has a sense of authenticity about it.

I hate most MTV crap, most radio crap, and all the biggest "hits" that everyone goes crazy over. I stick with the underground music, and those artists who actually have some substance to deliver.

Everything from Bjork to Dillinger Escape Plan, to Sublime, to Clutch, nearly any form of Southern rock, Dax Riggs, the Deftones, Fugazi, the Melvins, old gritty Jazz (early Coltrane, Miles, etc), Diana Krall, even Indian and Arabic (as someone above mentioned - just a very unique, soulful music to me). Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Jesus Lizard, Avail, and so on - ad infinitum.

I guess I'm a music snob - so be it. :) Top 40 blows, IMO.

Rico

Rico

Audioholic
The "I likes":

Trance (Psy, Prog & Dark);
Classic Rock;
Blues;
Reggae;
Some 'Classic/old school' Hip Hop and some DUB.

The "I don't like them BUT they're Ok sometimes":
House;
Country;
Hard Rock (Same here, Workout best friend as Greg said).

The "I hate them"

Nowadays Hip Hop/Rap
Teens Bands;
Pop Music;
MTV overall kinda thing

I think that's it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis