What movie do you hate that your significant other loves?

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I thought this might be fun. Is there a movie that you can't stand that your significant other loves? Do they force you to watch it with them?

I was forced to watch the English Patient. I tried to go in with an open mind, but my mind got so bored I started thinking about ways I could kill myself with whatever was in arms reach. Thankfully I must have gone into REM sleep (hard to do sitting up) before I did something drastic.

A couple of girls also forced (by forced I mean one of them was hot so I endured) me to watched Grease and Dirty Dancing over and over again back in my college days. Sadly, I can probably do the whole dialog for Dirty Dancing word for word. Ugggghhh!!

Any movies out there that fit into this category for you???

Matt34

Matt34

Steel Magnolias

By and far the worst "girl movie" I've bared witness too.

S

SeenThatMovie2

Audioholic Intern
anything with Steven Seagal except that one with Kurt Russell.......forget the name of it...executive decision???? maybe?

Some of the older Chuck Norris are cheesy as far as the dialogue goes but boy he can kick bu_t_t

Who framed Roger Rabbit...my sister used to want to see that over and over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: gaaaag!!!!

My ex used to watch movies with 1. little intelligent dialogue 2. bad directing 3. horrible writing....but as long as it was action and involved camoflauge he wanted to see it :eek: Red Dawn....how I despise that movie .....

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
My girlfriend recently forced me to watch Little Black Book, starring Brittany Murphy. The concept had potential, but was so slow and dull that my mind kept wandering. I'd pretend to shift in my seat just to get a glimpse of the readout on the DVD player to see how much time was left on this awful movie. I think I really disappointed her that day -- she really wanted me to like it!

cheers,
supervij

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
GREASE!!!! arrrgggggghhhh. I hate that silly movie, but my wife loves it. However, I get back at her because I love Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and she hates it. Payback is a bi@#h I say to her :D :D

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Dirty dancing...I don't loath it...but once is enough for me :p

Not movies, but...Desperate Housewives and her soaps...KILL ME NOW!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
JohnA said:
Not movies, but...Desperate Housewives and her soaps...KILL ME NOW!!!
LOL. Not movies either, but my daughter and significant other both love Glimore Girls, and I HATE it.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
SeenThatMovie2 said:
anything with Steven Seagal except that one with Kurt Russell.......forget the name of it...executive decision???? maybe?

Some of the older Chuck Norris are cheesy as far as the dialogue goes but boy he can kick bu_t_t

Who framed Roger Rabbit...my sister used to want to see that over and over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: gaaaag!!!!

My ex used to watch movies with 1. little intelligent dialogue 2. bad directing 3. horrible writing....but as long as it was action and involved camoflauge he wanted to see it :eek: Red Dawn....how I despise that movie .....
You must be female. I'd never complain if I was "forced" to watch those movies. :D

O

outsider

Audioholic
Shadow_Ferret said:
You must be female. I'd never complain if I was "forced" to watch those movies. :D
I'm male and I'd rather beat myself with a hammer than watch anything with Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris.
Although, I must admit, sometimes when I flip through the channels and "Walker, Texas Ranger" is on, I stop for 30 seconds to remind myself just how cheezy that show is.

as for movies that my GF loves, but I hate, I know there are a few, but I have eliminated them from my memory....

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Love the line by Foxworthy..................................."if an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger changed your life........you might be a redneck.

"How Stella got her groove back" .............good lord, I didn't think the friggin movie would ever end.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
While I don't actually *hate* this movie, I think it is pretty stupid and fails miserably to capture the intent of the book upon which it is based...

The worst fight my girlfriend and I have ever had was over "Starship Troopers".

She thinks it's great. We don't own it, but I figure if I ever get myself so deep in the doghouse I can't talk my way back out, I'll buy it for her. Then she'll know I truly love her.

R

RhapsodyInBlack

Junior Audioholic
I'm going with another vote for 'grease'.....an ex of mine was a ballet dancer and i dont know how many dance related movies i had to endure over those 8 years....For travolta's sake,its a damn good thing he was cast in pulp fiction,because prior to that i only saw him as that horrid character. I do miss those dancer legs tho...damn !

D

DNelms

Enthusiast
This is why I have a separate dvd player in another room ....

My wife loves Barbra Striesand movies (the Way We Was, The mirror With 2 faces, ect...) I know those are the wrong titles but thyat is what I call them when she gets ready to watch them.

I fact I had her convinced that Babb's DVDs would not play in our main sytem. Alas that did not last too long.

But she also cannot stand when I watch any historical dramas (Ghettysburg, Gods and Generals, Austin Powers, ect)

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
djoxygen said:
The worst fight my girlfriend and I have ever had was over "Starship Troopers".
I thought it was quite funny. I agree, it's a rubbish film, but it's one of those that's 'so bad, it's good'.

Regards

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Titanic. I don't know how many days long that movie movie is, but it it way too many IMO. There is also a movie where Mandy Moore has cancer and dies, but not before changing the bad boy, and the one where Wynonna Ryder has cancer and dies, but not before changing the boy, or the one where the kid from Home Alone gets stung by bees and dies, but not before breaking our hearts. All crap. My girlfriend argues that because I can watch these with a blank face and without a box of tissues I don't have emotions. To that I say Bah. Hungry and tired are real emotions, and I feel those almost every day. Also she's never seen me tear up when watching Smokey and the Bandit. Go bandit go! There's a smokey up around the bend. Is Bert going to make it this time?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll second Grease, I hate that movie and she loves it.

On the other side of the coin two of my favorites are The Fifth Element and Dusk Til Dawn and she thinks those are the most stupid movies ever made. :eek:

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
The worst movie in recent memory the she likes and I hate is "Love Actually". I hate that movie and any others with Hugh Grant in them. It's not anything against him personally, I just can't stand the kind of films he's cast in. A Barbara Streisand movie would also rate way up on the "gag me" meter.

R

RhapsodyInBlack

Junior Audioholic
goodman said:
A Barbara Streisand movie would also rate way up on the "gag me" meter.
if only someone would gag her.....wasn't her 15 minutes up about 25 years ago ? politics aside, that woman is the epitome of boredom.

another lovely movie i've had to endure with one ex or another was chocolat....i never thought i was capable of planning well devised bank robberies until i saw that movie and had to keep myself occupied until the gastly thing ended.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Chicago. My wife loves it. She has a lot of company, I guess: 6 Academy awards, Best Picture, Great cast. I hate it. Maybe it's just me.

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
moonstruck...once...is enough...& bridges over Madison County...oh, and please don't lump Chuck Norris with Steven Segal...I know Chuck is now considered cheesy...but in his day he was pretty cool...especially kicking Bruce's but! Steven Segal couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag lol...

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis