What makes qled ? Different from led and oled ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Sharp aquas also claimed to have a mythical quantum dot .
If oled is better why do qled is exist for more colors or something??
Samsung has always been a top innovator along with other top brands but so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The main issue for most of us is a 77in OLED is too expensive. :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The article you linked literally answers your question.
Is the quantum dot a mythology creature??
Cannot always trust the food bears or there articles what is your opinion or ideas what the real difference is. ??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OLED is a particular class of tv screen tech. The QLED and other LED tvs are just types of LCD sets.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
OLED uses actually light as the source of the image. Unlike ALL LCD technologies, when you use a OLED TV, you are looking directly at a light source. When the screen is red, you are staring at a RED organic LED light.

With QLED you are just looking at another LCD technology. You are looking through different color filters on the LCD screen that turn white light into different colors. So, if you have that same red image that you looked at with OLED, instead of seeing a red light directly, you are looking at a white light which has passed through a red filter to make it appear red. But, you aren't looking at the light source itself.

There are entire articles about what LCD is and what QLED is as it applies to LCD. Likewise, what OLED is.

QLED is a real improvement to LCD technology, but it is still LCD technology.

OLED is a completely different technology and has nothing to do with LCD or QLED.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
OLED has more in common with plasma than led/lcd. Like BMX was sayin, every pixel is a light source. As opposed to being backlit shining through a screen door with moving colors.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
OLED has more in common with plasma than led/lcd. Like BMX was sayin, every pixel is a light source. As opposed to being backlit shining through a screen door with moving colors.
Ahh wish I had known More 5 year ago I always wanted to know why my led tv had bleeding in dark movies . That’s the reason basically it’s a lcd But looks worse for movies. No local dimming or anything, maybe some day when I can afford oled even if it’s smaller sized I will finally get something that like similar to plasma for movies .

So qled is better for bright rooms but for everything else oled is king ?!!
Why did sharp discontinued there quaintom dot tv ???

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis