What is your pride and joy device

Waht is your pride and joy device

• Amplifier (Dedicated Amp)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Source (CD/ DVD/ SACD/ HDCD/ LP player, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
In my 2 channel system, either my Epiphany 12-12s or TACT RCS2.2x b/c both have an enormous impact on the aural bliss I have been experiencing.

On the HT side, I 'd have to say the Parasound C-1... I just love the LCD screen. However, I consider the TACT TCSMKII the "must have" piece.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Matt34 said:
That thing is nice!! Can't believe you hide them in the wall.
I think what he means is that he took some B&W in-wall speakers and mounted them into his own box for out-of-wall use.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Lemme tell ya. 20/20

20to20K said:
My dad still has his 2270 (as well as his JBL L100's) in the basement of his
house collecting dust. They probably haven't been fired up in about 25 years.

I'm going up there for Turkey day next week. Maybe I'll drag them back down with me and start a restoration project for the long, cold winter.

Now how to hide them from the wife in the SUV....

Hmmmm (rubs chin).....
the 2270 and the L100's go together like eggs and bacon, salt & pepper, Abbot & Costello,.. well, you get the idea. those two made up a classic combo back in the early 70's and most colleg students drooled over that pairing. ...and a Dual 1229 turntable to complete the set. all you'd need then is some day-glo posters, a black light and a lava lamp.

good luck. Hope your pop lets you have 'em. They deserve to be played. ..and loud!

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
to soniceuphoria

Roger Waters thinks he wants a Lear Jet, not a lier jet. Just want your signature to look perfect:cool:

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
Read my review for my thoughs. :)

Also, its the newest piece in my puzzle.....did that sound dirty AverageJoe?:rolleyes:

SheepStar
Not to me, but ask RJ. He's the king of the double entendre.;)

20to20K

Full Audioholic
markw said:
the 2270 and the L100's go together like eggs and bacon, salt & pepper, Abbot & Costello,.. well, you get the idea. those two made up a classic combo back in the early 70's and most colleg students drooled over that pairing. ...and a Dual 1229 turntable to complete the set. all you'd need then is some day-glo posters, a black light and a lava lamp.

good luck. Hope your pop lets you have 'em. They deserve to be played. ..and loud!
You sound like you may have been my dad's saleman...he had a Dual turntable as well. Don't know the model...it hasn't survived to this point....but he bought all his gear in 1973. I remember him shopping for a reel-to-reel at the time but could never find one in his price range that he liked.
Now that would be cool to play with now...

20to20K

Full Audioholic
markw said:

Hey Mark,

My dad said he had a Dual 1228 (which is probably in a landfill as we
speak) so you weren't far off.

S

steve6

Enthusiast
Outlaw!

Unquestionably, it's my new Outlaw 2150 receiver. What a beauty! I'll just touch it sometimes, even when it's turned off. :p

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
20/20, I think your dad and I went to different schools together.

20to20K said:
Hey Mark,

My dad said he had a Dual 1228 (which is probably in a landfill as we
speak) so you weren't far off.
And I stopped selling audio a few years before that. And, I would have gladly sold that system and not lost a moments sleep over guilt for ripping someone off. :D

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Hmm...

While I'm pleased with (almost) all of my components (getting itchy upgraditis fingers with my speakers :D), I'd say it's a toss-up between my Denon 3803 Receiver/Pre-pro, Outlaw 755 Amp and SVS 20-39 PCi Sub.

Take any one of those out of the mix and without a solid substitution, there'd be a big hole in performance... -TD

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
tomd51 said:
While I'm pleased with (almost) all of my components (getting itchy upgraditis fingers with my speakers :D), I'd say it's a toss-up between my Denon 3803 Receiver/Pre-pro, Outlaw 755 Amp and SVS 20-39 PCi Sub.

Take any one of those out of the mix and without a solid substitution, there'd be a big hole in performance... -TD
.....Tom, can you take it a little further on the hole that would be left with the Outlaw 755 "not" in the mix?....what did you first notice with it "in" the mix?......

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
For my HT system: my remote! (Rat shack 6-in-one Kameleon) Amazing litle thing it is...and fits my hand soooooo well :D

in my entire house: Grado SR-125 headphones. I still love em to death, even though I have been trying to ignore that little upgrade demon on my shoulder egging me to buy an SR-325i pair...I need to start saving cash for better things....like better components/speakers for my HT rig!

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Mine would be my subwoofer, probably because I built it. :D It doesn't look pretty because veneer is expensive and I ran out of money.

I used an Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" and a 250w PartsExpress plate amp. I get a flat response down to around 16hz. It really shakes the house.

I also love my Harmony 680 remote.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
mulester7 said:
.....Tom, can you take it a little further on the hole that would be left with the Outlaw 755 "not" in the mix?....what did you first notice with it "in" the mix?......

By all means... The 3803 has plenty of amp to it and can power my setup very well. In fact, I didn't add the Outlaw until a few months ago. However, when adding the 755, the signal close to (10 + 15 before) and at reference level has a clarity to it that the internal amps of the Denon doesn't seem to be able to achieve.

Don't interpret this as a knock on the 3803 amps, they are excellent performers. I just notice when listening to high resolution music and certain scores and passages on sountracks, the 755 can deliver a cleaner signal at a higher volume level. I think this can be expected with the limitations of most on-board amps in receivers under the $1000.00 level, even possibly more than this.

I've seen several disussions as to the merit of using external amps with a capable reciever and until I experienced it firsthand, I was slightly skeptical myself. The only way to truly see if an addition such as this would enhance your listening would be to try it out yourself.... -TD

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
soniceuphoria said:
I would most definatly have to say that my favorite pieces of gear in my system are my speakers. Nothing beats a six foot tall speaker that is drop dead beautiful. The simple fact that they sound even better then they look is a major plus too. It also can't hurt that the Magnepan MGIIIa and the Carver ALIII are both in the top 100 greatest audio products ever produced. And I think that they are well deserved of their place on that list. Ever since I first saw the Carver ALIII in old stereophile magazines I thought that they were the most beautiful speakers that I had ever seen, and I vowed to own them. When I finally purchased a pair of them I found out that they sounded even better than they looked. I think that I will never upgrade my speakers again with anything else. It took me almost 10 years to realize my dreams in audio, and I don't think that I could ever be more happy. Happy Listening.:)
Greg

That's so sweet it makes me want to cry! JK, bro. Glad you are happy with your system! Here's to dreams coming true.
I would have to vote for my whole two channel system. It all comes together to produce the end result of a really pleasing (to me, anyway:D ) auditory experience. I am in the middle of upgrading my complete HT setup, so there are not many favorites there. The speakers were the first upgrade and I really like them....now for the receiver and pj or tv. Ahh, if only I were a man of more means.
If I had to pick a favorite item, it would come down to a toss up b/t my speakers and my Mac amp. The blue meters match my blue carpet:D

I

indcrimdefense

Audioholic
favorite component is my cary audio dvd6, spectacular sound for redbook cd, to the point that it comes very close to at times surpassing the sound quality of sacd from my denon 2910 (this does depend on the recording quality of the redbook cd). build quality is supurb, connections are rock solid, weighs 35 lbs., and has a very classic look. i bought a demo unit as the dvd 6 is now out of production, new dvd7 was recently released. i didn't get an owner's manual or warranty card so i emailed cary to request, my email was returned in 16 minutes and was not an auto response as it specifically addressed several questions i had. set up is the easiest & most intuitive of any component i have had. will also play dvda, but not in the high res format. however in comparision with dvda on the denon, i cant tell the difference. video is also great, but i bought it for the redbook playback capability. highly recommended if you can find one used.

kingdaddy

kingdaddy

Audioholic Intern
Speakers, especially my recently finished Center Channel, then mains and IB sub. Hard for any electronics to win over something you spend a year building.:D

How come I cant vote?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis