What is your pride and joy device

Waht is your pride and joy device

• Amplifier (Dedicated Amp)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Source (CD/ DVD/ SACD/ HDCD/ LP player, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I am not asking what you think is the most important item in the chain, rather, what in your setup is the device that gives you the most pride of ownership. It goes without saying, why it is on a pedestal above the rest of your devices would help understand the situation.

In my case, my Axiom Audio M60ti's are the ones. I gaze on these babies in a manner that makes my girlfriend jelous :eek: . I fell in love with them when I first listened to the Doin' Time track from Van Halen's album Balance. Another track that never fails to make me smile is In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins.The rest as the say is history.

So whats your pride and joy?

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
The Sub

I would have to say my SVS sub. Everytime I watch a movie with a good LFE track I can't help but smile while my wife yells "TURN THAT THING DOWN!"

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
While I love my Z1 receiver, I know that I will replace it with something with more component connections and HDMI inputs someday. Perhaps even with a pre-amp/amp setup.

But, my Velodyne HGS-18 may be around til the day I die and I will never be unhappy with it.

Perhaps that or my screen. A 106" electric, tab-tensioned screen that completely is enclosed inside the ceiling.

I may just be thrilled with both of them mainly because I got them for a great price online and they've both been awesome.

Probably the sub is my favorite though.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
RJ, you're a dirty ol' man.

Strange as it may seem, my center channel speaker is the prize in my system (so far - but I have a ways to go). A Pinnacle Platinum 5.5, The size of it (35 lbs, 34" wide, 5 drivers) never ceases to impress. It's kinda' nice that it sounds good, too.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
AverageJoe said:
RJ, you're a dirty ol' man.

Strange as it may seem, my center channel speaker is the prize in my system (so far - but I have a ways to go). A Pinnacle Platinum 5.5, The size of it (35 lbs, 34" wide, 5 drivers) never ceases to impress. It's kinda' nice that it sounds good, too.
Whatcha mean, dirty? I shower at least once a week. And you're the one talking about the size of your center channel and all its 'drivers'. :p

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Currently, my Denon receiver allthough I've been thinking of upgrading it to a Marantz SR4500 (drool!!!)

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
My pride and joy is the Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi. It's 2 months old and I love it. I still treat it like it's brand new, dusting it regularly and cleaning hand prints off of it. I could lose my HDTV and still survive as long as I have surround sound capability.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I especially love my Monitor Audio Silver RS speakers...gorgeous cherry, ultra-cool metal drivers. The Velodyne sub in cherry is pretty cool, too.

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I would most definatly have to say that my favorite pieces of gear in my system are my speakers. Nothing beats a six foot tall speaker that is drop dead beautiful. The simple fact that they sound even better then they look is a major plus too. It also can't hurt that the Magnepan MGIIIa and the Carver ALIII are both in the top 100 greatest audio products ever produced. And I think that they are well deserved of their place on that list. Ever since I first saw the Carver ALIII in old stereophile magazines I thought that they were the most beautiful speakers that I had ever seen, and I vowed to own them. When I finally purchased a pair of them I found out that they sounded even better than they looked. I think that I will never upgrade my speakers again with anything else. It took me almost 10 years to realize my dreams in audio, and I don't think that I could ever be more happy. Happy Listening.:)
Greg

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
big screen

I love my OptomaDLP projector and 105" widescreen Dalite Cinemavision screen. My friends love to come to my house to watch movies, and when it comes to the screen, bigger is better. Even my sons friends fight over who gets the living room in X Box system link Halo rounds, cause everyone wants their Master Chief rendered on the big screen. Since I can't always turn the system up to its full capacity, the view is always there. But for those times when I can crank it up, my Velodyne subwoofer is a very close second. The sense of sight and the feel of sound are the icing on my home theater cake, and everyone knows that although the cake is most important, the icing is the part you want to eat first!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Subwoofer

Read my review for my thoughs. :)

Also, its the newest piece in my puzzle.....did that sound dirty AverageJoe?:rolleyes:

SheepStar

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I have to say "other"

I like my systems, both audio and video, but my ultimate fave is my cherry 20+ year old Marantz 2270. When it's kickin' out tunes in my man cave/office and people are here, they are "blown away" that such an antique can pump out the sounds as well as it does and generally ask to hear more. They leave scratching their heads. ...about the system, not me.

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
this usually changes depending on what piece I have just bought, but the one that has consistantly brought me satisfaction is my Iscan HD. As a video/audio switcher, scaler and de-interlacer it really is the heart of my system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm about audio, so my speakers get my vote. The sub adds to the fun, but I really enjoy the way my speakers sound. Not so much concerned about the video aspect, but it is also a factor.

annunaki

annunaki

My pride and joy are my speakers, B&W Signature 7 SE inwalls, with custom made (by myself) B&W spec cabinets, and my sub SVS PB-12 Ultra.

Cabinets:

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Long Live Vinyl!!!

My fav is my Denon DP37L turntable. It's my favorite for the following reasons:

1) I bought it in 1986 while I was still a teenager making it the single oldest piece of equipment in my current setup.

2) With its shiny rosewood base it's as beautiful today as it was new.

3) It's fully automatic with all of it's controls outside of the dust cover.

4) It has contemparary stylings so it does not clash with the rest of my more modern gear.

5) Most importantly...it plays LPs! The best source medium ever created!

It never fails, whenever someone comes buy and checks out my setup the first thing they marvel at is my turntable. "Man...that's one of the nicest looking TT I've ever seen" is a common response. Granted, some of the younger ones may have only seen 2 turntables in their entire lives...

The only one I would ever consider replacing it with would be the even more gorgeous Denon DP59L.

Audiophiles may scoff because it's not a Micro Seiki, Rega, etc...but it sounds and looks great to me paired with my Stanton cartridge! Go Denon!

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Marantz 2270

markw said:
I like my systems, both audio and video, but my ultimate fave is my cherry 20+ year old Marantz 2270. When it's kickin' out tunes in my man cave/office and people are here, they are "blown away" that such an antique can pump out the sounds as well as it does and generally ask to hear more. They leave scratching their heads. ...about the system, not me.
My dad still has his 2270 (as well as his JBL L100's) in the basement of his
house collecting dust. They probably haven't been fired up in about 25 years.

I'm going up there for Turkey day next week. Maybe I'll drag them back down with me and start a restoration project for the long, cold winter.

Now how to hide them from the wife in the SUV....

Hmmmm (rubs chin).....

Matt34

Matt34

annunaki said:
My pride and joy are my speakers, B&W Signature 7 SE inwalls, with custom made (by myself) B&W spec cabinets, and my sub SVS PB-12 Ultra.

Cabinets:

That thing is nice!! Can't believe you hide them in the wall.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis