What is your dream system?

BrettMendes

BrettMendes

Audioholic Intern
If tomorrow you could put together the two channel system of your dreams (and cost was truly no object) what equipment would you select and what is the first recording you would listen to on it?

Music CD/SACD: Mahler's Symphony No. 9 performed by the London Symphony Orchestra with Valery Gergiev as conductor
Music Vinyl: Charles Mingus's Mingus Ah Um

Preamplifier: Gryphon Mirage
Amplifier(s): Gryphon Colosseum
CD Player: Gryphon Mikado Signature
Phono Stages: Gryphon Legato Legacy
Turntable: Transrotor Dark Star Reference
Loudspeakers: Acapella Triolon Excalibur MK III

Obviously I'm interested as much in the physical beauty of the equipment as I am in its performance, haha.

-Brett

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If tomorrow you could put together the two channel system of your dreams (and cost was truly no object) what equipment would you select and what is the first recording you would listen to on it?

Music CD/SACD: Mahler's Symphony No. 9 performed by the London Symphony Orchestra with Valery Gergiev as conductor
Music Vinyl: Charles Mingus's Mingus Ah Um

F
Preamplifier: Gryphon Mirage
Amplifier(s): Gryphon Colosseum
CD Player: Gryphon Mikado Signature
Phono Stages: Gryphon Legato Legacy
Turntable: Transrotor Dark Star Reference
Loudspeakers: Acapella Triolon Excalibur MK III

Obviously I'm interested as much in the physical beauty of the equipment as I am in its performance, haha.

-Brett
Fortunately the one I've got, and can't imagine I would be happier with anything else. It never disappoints. Although multi channel, I do a lot of two channel listening and I can switch off the amps and crossovers to the speakers not in use, so I don't waste electricity.

I have so many good recordings on my collection, so choice would depend on my mood.

A

avengineer

Banned
11.1 system:
Speakers, LCR: TMH Labs Tesseract LMH-1
Speakers, FH, FW: M&K Sound S150 MKII
Surround: M&K S150T
Back: M&K S150 MKII
Subwoofers (4): Kreisel Sound DXD 12012 Quatro-Quatro
AVR: Denon AVR 4520CI
Power amps (LCR - 5 amps, 10 channels, the LMH-1 are active crossover, tri-amped) QSC DCA 1622
Power amp (FW): QSC DCA 1222
Screen: Seymour Screen Excellence The Absolute w/ 4K Enlightor
Projector: TBD, (4K)
Source gear: changes too quickly to lock down, but definitely a good HT-PC with reliable HDMI interface to the AVR, and Oppo BDP-105.

But most importantly, a room to put it all in, isolated, treated, and big enough.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
4 corner loaded TC Sounds 18" tapped horns

3 fronts of my own crafting that sound amazing.

4 surrounds of my own crafting that are just the right size.

A great pre-amp with a fully active amp/crossover combination box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis