what is true ground??

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
"Also, make sure that the -
outputs on your main amp are true ground, otherwise you would short the output of your main amplifier.
Call or email technical support if the - outputs on your main amplifier do not have true ground."

what does this mean??

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
true ground

in its strict definition is just that; ground..Ie a metal stake pounded into the ground and all grounding wires tied to that single point or post. There is zereo voltage. The problem and especially in a cluster f??cked house wiring is that the ground wires may be attached to other ground wires first before reaching that metal post. This creates what is called a ground loop. When this occurs, what you may think as ground may be actually floating a small voltage between the ground loops. This causes no end in headaches.

Now how this applies to your amplifier, I'm unclear because I do not know what "? - ?" means .

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
3db said:
in its strict definition is just that; ground..Ie a metal stake pounded into the ground and all grounding wires tied to that single point or post. There is zereo voltage. The problem and especially in a cluster f??cked house wiring is that the ground wires may be attached to other ground wires first before reaching that metal post. This creates what is called a ground loop. When this occurs, what you may think as ground may be actually floating a small voltage between the ground loops. This causes no end in headaches.

Now how this applies to your amplifier, I'm unclear because I do not know what "? - ?" means .
But, that was a pretty darn good answer. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis