what gauge speaker wire?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
No, it is a function of balancing the power handling capabilities of the components versus their weight which is a big deal in airplanes. If I fly a few circuits around the field the equipment stays cool. If do a full battery load of full speed aerobatics, she will come home warm to the touch. If I put equipment that could handle those currents without any noticeable warming, the weight of those components would change the center of gravity and she wouldn't do those aerobatics as elegantly. The wires warm along with the speed controller and motor. The wires aren't the issue. The whole circuit is the issue.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
No, it is a function of balancing the power handling capabilities of the components versus their weight which is a big deal in airplanes. If I fly a few circuits around the field the equipment stays cool. If do a full battery load of full speed aerobatics, she will come home warm to the touch. If I put equipment that could handle those currents without any noticeable warming, the weight of those components would change the center of gravity and she wouldn't do those aerobatics as elegantly. The wires warm along with the speed controller and motor. The wires aren't the issue. The whole circuit is the issue.
Oh I see.
It's really about compromising weight and balance, with the small trade off in circuit temp.
Never mind.:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
My buddy had an RC plane. Looked like fun.
Until I realized the controls are reversed, depending when you fly toward, or away from yourself. IIRC.
A little too ambidextrous for me. After all, there is a reason my wife makes me eat with a spork.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, orientation is the toughest thing for a new flyer to handle. After a while it becomes second nature.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis