What exactly do I own?

J

JD21

Audiophyte
Hi, I recently purchased this Australian Monitor AMD100 Mixer Amp cheap to use its case as a little custom 1U PC, but what exactly is this?

I'm not an audio guy so I don't know how audio gear works. I connected some speakers to the L & R outputs & an iPod to the input but the volume is maxed & the music is very quiet, am I doing something wrong or is this only one piece to a set of equiptment?

Any clarity would be great, not sure if it has any value or its too old of a model? Pictures attached.

Here is the manual for spec info:

Thanks for reading. :)

Attachments

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Hi, I recently purchased this Australian Monitor AMD100 Mixer Amp cheap to use its case as a little custom 1U PC, but what exactly is this?

I'm not an audio guy so I don't know how audio gear works. I connected some speakers to the L & R outputs & an iPod to the input but the volume is maxed & the music is very quiet, am I doing something wrong or is this only one piece to a set of equiptment?

Any clarity would be great, not sure if it has any value or its too old of a model? Pictures attached.

Here is the manual for spec info:

Thanks for reading. :)
Have you plugged it into a PC via USB?

8 - USB For connection to the PC GUI. All DSP and adjustable settings are configured via USB

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Got anything else aside from an ipod to use as source? May need higher signal level. Take it you maxed out volume on both ipod and the mixer/amp already?

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I found the software & connected it via USB but doesn't look like it's connecting. Go Online does nothing.
The screen shot shows that no stereo Inputs are selected and "off"

J

JD21

Audiophyte
Got anything else aside from an ipod to use as source? May need higher signal level. Take it you maxed out volume on both ipod and the mixer/amp already?
I tried my phone & Walkman NW-A55 but volume is the same. Volume is maxed on all devices.
These speakers I have conected are out of a TV, is that the issue or do I need proper speakers?

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to know but could well be those speakers, but could still just be low source level...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
You need to establish a connection between the mixer and PC. If the mixer will not respond to any PC adjustments then you have no control over the mixer. From your screen capture it looks like the blue bars next to the Master Volume and Input levels act us VU meters and should respond if a signal is being received even without speakers connected. There is one common speaker connection and several options for type of speakers being used. Use 4 ohm or 8 ohm for whatever type of speaker you have (so that it matches). The 70volt and 100volt connections are for multi-speaker setups and need speakers designed for that purpose. The fact that "Go Online" does nothing is not a good sign. Try other USB ports on the PC if available.

J

JD21

Audiophyte
Hard to know but could well be those speakers, but could still just be low source level...
I connected the RCA input to the headphone output of my Logitech Z623 with my PC volume & Z623 maxed connected to the TV speaker & also tried a logitech z506 speaker, all results are the same volume.

You need to establish a connection between the mixer and PC. If the mixer will not respond to any PC adjustments then you have no control over the mixer. From your screen capture it looks like the blue bars next to the Master Volume and Input levels act us VU meters and should respond if a signal is being received even without speakers connected. There is one common speaker connection and several options for type of speakers being used. Use 4 ohm or 8 ohm for whatever type of speaker you have (so that it matches). The 70volt and 100volt connections are for multi-speaker setups and need speakers designed for that purpose. The fact that "Go Online" does nothing is not a good sign. Try other USB ports on the PC if available.
I don't think there is any driver? I don't have any other speakers than the TV speaker & the logitech systems in the last quote. :)

Looking at the manual seems there's a pad setting on mic/line input....is it off or on?
I connected the music input to the mic/line input 1 & turned the PAD dip on & off with no differences.

Would this unit have much value?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would this unit have much value?
LOL so far seems none for your devices. Maybe something wrong or your sources are still just more consumer rather than pro level that many of this type of gear uses....but hard to know. Why do you want to use it particularly and why those speakers? Seems pretty frankenstein to me.....

J

JD21

Audiophyte
LOL so far seems none for your devices. Maybe something wrong or your sources are still just more consumer rather than pro level that many of this type of gear uses....but hard to know. Why do you want to use it particularly and why those speakers? Seems pretty frankenstein to me.....
Haha, yes very frankenstein. I'm not an audio guy so I don't have the correct things to test it. :) I'm am IT guy & have a server rack home lab. I planned to gut it for the 1U case to build a custom firewall router in it but wanted to test it first incase it does work & has more value than the $40 I spent on it for its case. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Haha, yes very frankenstein. I'm not an audio guy so I don't have the correct things to test it. :) I'm am IT guy & have a server rack home lab. I planned to gut it for the 1U case to build a custom firewall router in it but wanted to test it first incase it does work & has more value than the $40 I spent on it for its case. :)
If you can't get the PC to communicate with the mixer over USB, then it's pretty much just parts as you intended. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis