What earbuds should I buy?

H

Hefner92

Audiophyte
Hello folks,

I'm new here, I hope we all get along.

I listen to a lot of music when I go out. Sadly, my earbuds broke recently, I owned normal apple earbuds. So now I'm looking for new ones, however, I have a big problem.

The main reason why I listened music with the apple earbuds was because they fit so well in my ears. The audio quality wasn't that good though.

So now I'm looking for new earbuds, however, I can barely find the same type of earbuds. I can only find earbuds that you have to put very deep in your ears and for some reason I really really dislike the way they feel in my ears and after 10 minutes of listening I will get annoyed.

Can you guys tell me some earbuds that you don't have to put all the way in your ear and have some decent audio quality? Price isn't a big deal, but let's not exaggerate. ;)

Cheers & thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry guys for the big images, SPOILER tags don't seem to work.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
In-ear phones have a lot of advantages, but yeah, they take some getting used to and some just don't like 'em, period. True ear buds that just sit next to ear canal (like the stock apple buds) are generally cheap affairs. I don't have any experience with better quality buds, but these seem to be worth checking out:

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-mx-580.php
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/yuin-pk2.php

The design will be inherently lacking in bass, the frequency response on the Yuin buds at the link will show you that - they start rolling off at about 100 Hz. But that's just the nature of the design.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
You might want to look into AGK 350 Quincy Jones headphones. They barely stick into the ear canal (maybe 1/8") but they seal well and produce excellent bass and the rest of the mids and highs as well. They cost about $100 but I bought mine B-Stock for about $44 shipped. I also have Monster Turbines and Etymotic MC5s and they go in-ear. I bought Yuin PK2s for my son which are Apple OEM style design. All of these I enjoy and they are about $80 selling price unless on sale.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Any good headphones come with several tips to fit various ear shapes...
I love my Shures SE425, but yea In Canal ear-buds take a while to get used to..

L

LegitDrummer

Enthusiast
You might want to look into AGK 350 Quincy Jones headphones. They barely stick into the ear canal (maybe 1/8") but they seal well and produce excellent bass and the rest of the mids and highs as well. They cost about $100 but I bought mine B-Stock for about $44 shipped. I also have Monster Turbines and Etymotic MC5s and they go in-ear. I bought Yuin PK2s for my son which are Apple OEM style design. All of these I enjoy and they are about $80 selling price unless on sale.

The AKG quincy Jones are pretty nice.

I used the AKG K390's myself with noise cancellation.

After having the K390's, I went to the K370 without the noise cancellation because the position that the NC unit was placed was just stupid. It hang 12 " from you rhead. It couldn't reach your pockets and if you didn't have a button up shirt, there is nowhere to clip the thing on to.

The K370 are in-ear, but they come with 3 different sizes of ear-pieces so you can use which ones fit best/most comfortable. I got used to them and I love them. The sound quality is excellent.

T

tjohnusa

Enthusiast
I have a set of Yuin PK3 and really like them....they look like the cheap buds you get with most DAPS but sound very airy. If you can get a nice seal you will get some nice bass. I have never heard the PK2 but they are supposed to have better midrange...and the PK1 are supposed to be amazing but require an amp...yes they make portable headphone amps. If you really want some detailed opinions I would recommend Headfi.org.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis