What does this mean??

T

Tyrant

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi, I recently downloaded the user manual for the RX-Z9, since that is all about I can afford right now
, and I noticed something with regards to the A/B terminals. Bear in mind I downloaded the Canadian version and in the Speaker Set-up section for the front terminals it reads as follows:

Front Terminals:
Connect 1 or 2 speaker systems to these terminals.If you use only one speaker system, connect it to either of the front A or B terminals.

NOTE
The Canadian model cannot output to two seperate speaker systems simultaneously.

Now, does this mean that if I wanted to Bi-amp my mains using the A + B terminals, that I wouldn't really be able to because of that note?If someone has any info on this, it would help.Thanx!!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Using A/B would not be bi-amped. That would be bi-wired! Not necessary!
</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>IF the A &amp; B outputs would work simultaneously, then you could use them to passively Bi-amp a pair of speakers. &nbsp;But in this case, if you can't have both on at once you couldn't bi-amp in this manner.

Depending on the reciever, the p/s may or may not allow A/B to output enough power to make biamping worthwhile. &nbsp;It depends on the model. &nbsp;I have a Technics (my 2nd system) reciever that has a biamp mode built it, and the ease and dynamics of the sound are greatly increased that way.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Zumbo is absolutely correct!

best,

</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis