What do you think of the Yamaha NS-10MMF

K

krasyal

Audiophyte
Like the compact size of these .. blame the wife :)

What do you guys think of these new speakers ? I mean for the value .. are they decent ?

Thx for you help !

Type: 2-way, Bass-reflex floor standing speakers.
Dual 9cm Woofers and 2.2cm Balanced-Dome Tweeter
Magnetic Shielding
Input Power (Max/Nominal): 200 W / 70 W
Magnetic Shielding: Yes
Sensitivity: 86 dB/2.83 V/m
Frequency Response: 55–35,000 Hz
Crossover Frequencies: 6 kHz
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions (W x H x D): 179 x 899 x 234 mm
Weight: 9.8 kg/unit

B

BigMikeBass

Audiophyte
Like the compact size of these .. blame the wife :)

What do you guys think of these new speakers ? I mean for the value .. are they decent ?

Thx for you help !

Type: 2-way, Bass-reflex floor standing speakers.
Dual 9cm Woofers and 2.2cm Balanced-Dome Tweeter
Magnetic Shielding
Input Power (Max/Nominal): 200 W / 70 W
Magnetic Shielding: Yes
Sensitivity: 86 dB/2.83 V/m
Frequency Response: 55–35,000 Hz
Crossover Frequencies: 6 kHz
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions (W x H x D): 179 x 899 x 234 mm
Weight: 9.8 kg/unit
15 years later I can tell you that in the same room, when compared to original NS10M monitors, there is a genuine family resemblance. The mid range is rich and forward... it wont sear your face off the way the originals do (and should) but that open and warm but clear soundstage you hear when things are mixed well with NS10's is actually present in these things too.

Forget about bass... just don't, you might even hurt them if you try. If you want full range, you're going to want the sub. This too is reminiscent of their grandparents in that the bottom is present, all the way down to 40, but at an extreme slope that starts high, at like maybe 100, and plummets fast. If you push them with EQ they fart. They are bi-ampable... so arguably there might be something that can be done there to help the bottom.

The highs are sweet enough, not remarkable, but in the ballpark of something nice... certainly less aggressive and a little slower than NS10M tweet-blasters, but again, familiar.

I think where they really win is in the mid range... There's something genuinely enjoyable about it that makes you feel a little more engaged... I like that about them, quite a bit.

I got them embarrassingly cheap on Kijiji... paid maybe 30 bucks for the pair if I remember... It may have been 60. I plan to fill out the rest of the system with the satellites and sub casually, as I can find them.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They remind me a bit of the Dayton MK442T tower speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis