What do you think of my planned speaker system?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'd look to upgrade at least the tweeter, and maybe change the woofer to maybe something with a smaller diameter and longer throw. If you do, you'll likely need to recalculate crossovers. Parts-Express and most driver suppliers can offer technical suggestions for crossover points and types for each driver they sell.
The only problem with that idea is that technical advice from Parts Express is wrong more often than by chance.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The only problem with that idea is that technical advice from Parts Express is wrong more often than by chance.
Why would Parts-Express give wrong advice when both that company and Dayton loudspeakers are owned by the same people?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Why would Parts-Express give wrong advice when both that company and Dayton loudspeakers are owned by the same people?
I think it is because the staff are not expert and have little training. That is a guess. I doubt you would pay experienced designers to handle phone calls.

From fielding posts from members who have used their techs, results have been as I described above.

Madisound are much better in that regard, as they have a small cadre of very experienced people.

In addition they have a far better selection of drivers and components to select from. Madisound are my principle go to source, although I do use Parts Express for certain items. The bulk of my business goes to Madisound though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis