What do you think of a massage chair for a home theater and music?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
So I’ve been researching massage chairs recently and I was wondering what you thought about them in relation to home theater and music. Would it be to relaxing and maybe take away from the home theater and music experience?

What do you think?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I’ve been researching massage chairs recently and I was wondering what you thought about them in relation to home theater and music. Would it be to relaxing and maybe take away from the home theater and music experience?

What do you think?
There is a great line in the Flanders and Swann song: - "A Song of Reproduction". The line is: - "What have you got? Flutter on your bottom!"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think massage chairs would be just fine. I lie down about 90% of the time when I watch movies or listen to music. Relaxation is good period. Absolutely nothing wrong.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would not. I think it would ruin any tactile response.
Build a BOSS riser.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never pulled the trigger on a massage chair over the years at all. Wouldn't get one for music particularly.The sub behind my seat and the transducer in my seat do pretty good on that score.....

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
For music and movies maybe turn off massage but if I’m watching say an NBA game or comedy show, then turn it on..

M

MLadia

Audioholic Intern
Curious to see your short list of massage chairs.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Curious to see your short list of massage chairs.
well I can tell you I’m not spending $5000 on one. My budget is 1500 and under. I’d rather spend the extra thousands of dollars on better gear:).

Plus Black Friday is not too far off so maybe I can wait until then.

Last edited:
M

MLadia

Audioholic Intern
well I can tell you I’m not spending $5000 on one. My budget is 1500 and under. I’d rather spend the extra thousands of dollars on better gear:).

Plus Black Friday is not too far off so maybe I can wait until then.
We are on the same budget then. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve had a massage chair. It’s ok, but it’s not all that.
Here’s a rabbit hole to dive into. It’s NOT a massage chair. But if you want serious TR from movies? THIS is it.

The Hideaway Theater

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Amazon has the Kaspuro Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair w/ Recliner, Lower Back Heating & Foot Roller for a low $680.00 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "V85AP5UG" (Exp Soon). This normally sells for $1700 so you are saving $1020 off list price.
Good find.. I’m 5’9” and the max height it says is 5’8”, I’m wondering if I would be OK with that.

It’s a fairly new release and too bad there’s not a lot of reviews yet but most of them are good from what I see so far.

edit: I just went through the description again and there’s two different height recommendations, one with a 5’8” height limit and one with a 5.91 foot height limit.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Amazon has the Kaspuro Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair w/ Recliner, Lower Back Heating & Foot Roller for a low $680.00 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "V85AP5UG" (Exp Soon). This normally sells for $1700 so you are saving $1020 off list price.
thx so much for posting.. I decided to buy it after reading that one person was 5’ 10” and fit just fine. I also like the fact it is a entire body massager and has the back heaters.

I also kinda needed a new recliner as my current one left my feet dangling.. hopefully this one will not..

Last edited:
M

MLadia

Audioholic Intern
thx so much for posting.. I decided to buy it after reading that one person was 5’ 10” and fit just fine. I also like the fact it is a entire body massager and has the back heaters.

I also kinda needed a new recliner as my current one left my feet dangling.. hopefully this one will not..
Let me know how you like it.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I was at an upscale mall today and they had a 5 senses massage chair for 8k. Smell comes through a liquid spray attached to chair and taste is special chocolate boxes they give you with purchase,lol.. 2 scents and you can pick others from manufacturer. It was intense on level 1 out of 5. Sound is through built in speakers. I don’t honestly need all that as it would be in my home theater but it was pretty cool.

AC369F48-E18A-4405-B218-678F098C6D66.jpeg
43C994D2-BAEF-4E81-8800-812847CDD838.jpeg
C64DF20F-CBAC-44E9-B22E-93393DF7AAA5.jpeg
61A8F697-4D24-4A63-81D3-B9A2C6C61C36.jpeg
674FCD96-D684-4477-80FE-92D8B0DE87F4.jpeg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I doubt a massage chair will improve the sound of any movie or music piece. Might even interfere with it. :rolleyes:

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I doubt a massage chair will improve the sound of any movie or music piece. Might even interfere with it. :rolleyes:
This was already discussed but I thought more about it and I think it depends on music/movie.plus I can always turn it off and still have a full reclining chair.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I bought a chair on sale for about $1200 that has air-bag massage and heat and power lumbar support plus power recline and head rest. It's now my primary chair (I also have three leather power recliners I bought for 2/3 off at a going out of business sake and two ultra-cush manual recliners with microfiber for my 6-chair, three row home theater).

The air bag massage is very quiet and soooo much better than that Shiatsu or vibrating crap out there. It doesn't really affect music or home theater, IMO and it's great for long gaming sessions (17.1 Neural X driven PS4 gaming. I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition right now. Talk about panning in a circle around me and birds flying overhead, etc.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis