What do you think of 8k TVs so far?

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
4k content isn't rare. It's everywhere , Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney plus, YouTube. There's thousands of hours of quality 4k hdr material. And it looks phenomenal on my new oled. I won't be going to the movies again now I have the new tv , I just can't accept the soft focus and lack of contrast ( and the cost comparison). I watched no time to die on Google movies and it was glorious, I'll simply wait till cinema releases appear there. avengers endgame on Disney plus in Dolby vision is awesome. As for 8k , I don't believe it will catch on for a long time. The content is not there and the bitrate required for streaming even with modern codecs is high. And there won't be a disc based 8k format. Disc is dying. There's no longer any video store here , and only one retailer that still sells them. You can buy online of course. I compared black widow on 4k blu-ray vs on Disney plus and it's so close it's negligible. And considering the disc cost me as much as 2 months of Disney plus subscription, it's a hard sell.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
If prices come down, I'll consider. From what I've researched, nothing under 65" isn't worth it. So OLED is still King. Just get LG or Sony Master Series OLED.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
From what I've researched, nothing under 65" isn't worth it.
When people say things like this, it just drives me insane. I lose so much hope for the world.

If you view a 40" TV from twenty feet away, resolution is almost irrelevent.
If you view the same 40" TV from just a few feet away, 8K resolution may not even be enough for some viewers.

TV size, viewing distance, and resolution are all huge factors. Combine that with the visual acuity of the individual and that all goes together for what resolution will matter.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis