What do you think about monitor audio silver 10's?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hello, I have a set of these in real good shape, Im thinking about selling them, they were hardley used, what should I ask? I believe they were around $2000 new maybe 4 years ago...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
2004? That listing says 2012 doesn't it? September 2012 I think.
Look at the OP post - the comment by the left speaker.

The sale on Audiogon was for September 2012.
The Silver 10 series was born before that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The sale on Audiogon was for September 2012.
The Silver 10 series was born before that.
I get it now, totally misunderstood that. :)

I got the OP post, I thought you were saying the listing was in 2004, that's what got me confuzzled.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
So if I asked $750 plus shipping it would be a good deal then... Maybe I will list them on here... I have been going through stuff today and yesterday looking for a ps1 cd player I had made a few years back...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Since I was going thorugh all my equipment I decided to hook up some of the wharfedale bookshelfs I bought and test them out, since I spent a few thousand on them and never even took them out of the boxes...
I bought a complete 5 channel set up when I bought my evo2-40's incase I ever wanted to turn it into a 5.2 setup {so I have and evo2-c and a pair of ev02-10 bookshlefs}, and I also bought a set of evo-2-08's in maple for something that I ended up using something else for...

Ill tell you what the evo-08s sound awesome, the amp I plugged them into is crossed at 100 and they sound really clean, I took the crossovers out and ran them uncrossed they have a really good low end too... I know these are almost impossible to find in the US, but if you need some bookshelfs and get a chance to try these out, jump on them, because I have heard plenty and these are definitely $700+ bookshelfs...

Well anyway I think my wife was getting nervous so I put them all back in the boxes, I tried the center too, but just to make sure it worked...
[/IMG]

C

CHASLS2

Audioholic Intern
I like that smaller bookshelf sitting on what i guess is a sub. About the same size as my Paradigm Studio 10v5.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Why can't the maple eve-08s be for sale??? :D
Today was the first time I listened to them, they are amazing!!!! Honestly, the 10's sound really good {them are on top of the subs} but they are larger bookshelfs so you expect larger sound, these small evo2 8's sound better than my ascend 170's which is hard to do, I promise, because I have compared them to everything... Although in all fairness the 8s were originally like $700 a pair which is twice the price of the 170se's...

I still have them hooked up, listened to about 40 songs on them, I am so surprised these arent talked about more...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis