What did Santa Bring You this Year?

C

Chitown2477

Audioholic
I thought I would try a different topic given the holidays. What did you get from Santa this year? Amy audio/video components?

I did not get much but did not expect much either given I upgraded my sub and bough a new sofa/recliner set in the last several months. I upgraded my wife's wedding ring to something more "substantial". Now she has whole 2 carats and she is PLENTY happy and surprised. I tricked her and told her I sent her original off to be cleaned and polished. She was completely caught off guard! It was great. (I felt like an *** when I realized her ring was significantly less in cost than my surround sound speakers and sub together)

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned

and this works with my craftsman C3 batt system

DENI food slicer

and a new spice grinder

I got this bad boy http://www.rapidtools.net/PDF/sharkWinsPMaward.pdf , yep Burke ! even you will like this tool ! LOL

and I got this

and various gourmet cheeses,hot sauces,some candy ,and two shirts

but most of all,my best gift,I have my sweetheart

and my health and a great life.

E

esqueejy

Enthusiast
I looked under the tree and there it was...the realization that no matter how nice the equipment is that I ever buy, I will never be satisfied. Shined like the sun it did.:p

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I would like to say a lump of coal but wasn't that fortunate.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I got one of the new iPod Touch 32GB models. Totally stoked on that one. Big gift from my in-laws with some coaxing from my wife. Also got a new GPS from my bro-in-law. Money has been a bit tight this year for us, so nothing major from my wife to me, but I got The Dark Knight on Blu-ray which I can't wait to see at home.

I'm not sure how much longer before I buy a 1080p front projector... maybe before the Superbowl?

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
I must have been very good this year, Santa brought me a 37 inch lcd and a blu-ray drive for my HTPC :D

I'm hoping to get a new sub around tax time.

C

chipped

Enthusiast
A food slicer and spice grinder :rolleyes: Were these gifts from your wife or from a married couple? :p

I got some clothes, versache after shave and money :D

Best thing I love about christmas are the specials though, oh man... I LOOOOOOVE me christmas specials.

itschris

itschris

We had both families together. My wife's sister and her husband and son came down so that was nice. Gift-wise, we finally agreed as adults that we don't need to go crazy on each other... that maybe if you come across something interesting or thoughtful - get it... but beyond that... don't waste time or money on a $50 Home Depot card. We concentrated on the kids who are both 14.

I did get a couple of neat things though. I got this pretty cool remote control helicopter. It's a fancier than the tiny one you see on TV. I got it about 2 feet in the air before it veered right and smashed into the wall, but I was pretty damn excited until then.

We all just had a great time. Both our families do things very different so it's kind of a challenge on arranging things, but we worked it out. Nancy's dad ended up in the hospital on Christmas day with a bad gall bladder which got taken out yesterday... but all that drama is par for the course for her side of things. All in all, it was a great holiday though.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
A food slicer and spice grinder :rolleyes: Were these gifts from your wife or from a married couple? :p

from my wife,

she knows I love to cook,and I cook a lot,and I also grow my own peppers and tomatoes etc,etc,and make my own meat rubs and salsas, :)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The wife hooked me up this year....

1.) Tomtom GPS system for my car
2.) GTA IV for my PS3, and a bunch of Blu-ray movies
3.) New Mountain bike

B

businessjeff

Junior Audioholic
I didnt get anything, but this is just as good.

Santa brought my friend a new AKG Studio quality Recording mic, its quite amazing...

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,781,pid,781,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html

And I get to play with it!! I recorded a show for him on the 27th that im working on editing right now. We just had the Mic set up about 6 ft from the stage. Used Pro tools Mbox 2 Pro to input it into his Mac book.

I just learned out how to use the Mic, It has 5 changeable polar patterns, 4 preattenuation settings and 3 built in low Fhz filters. However I think the Mic itself can handle higher Sound Pressure Levels than the Pro tools. The Mic in its most sensitive can go up to 140Db, where as (listed on the digidesign website) the input can only handle up to 108 DB, however thats its dynamic range which is different than measuring what the Max SPL is. Dynamic range is Max SPL - Floor noise. So idk im new at this and kind of lost... Either way seems as if the mic is not the Bottle neck :0

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oh yeah I forgot Santa got me a pint of egg nog.....it made me sick :eek:

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Hmm...Was a interesting xmas for my wife and I.

Socks, underwear, 8gb microsd cards for our mp3 players, 2 pairs of costco sonix ear buds, 2ct diamond heart pendent(for wife), a xmas baby girl, a 2008 toyota avalon, underarmor workout shirts. 3 sets of king size bed sheets. And a few other misc things from the going out of business 'linen's and things'.

So nothing to big.

Reorx

majorloser

majorloser

Hmm...Was a interesting xmas for my wife and I.

Socks, underwear, 8gb microsd cards for our mp3 players, 2 pairs of costco sonix ear buds, 2ct diamond heart pendent(for wife), a xmas baby girl, a 2008 toyota avalon, underarmor workout shirts. 3 sets of king size bed sheets. And a few other misc things from the going out of business 'linen's and things'.

So nothing to big.

Reorx
Those seem like pretty big things to me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fehlony

Audiophyte
Chitown our presents were of the same spirit.

I got the Budweiser sauce set.
I also got ACDC Black Ice (good bass moments on Rock N Roll Train)

And I also got Infinity Primus p362 x2.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A really cool book "1000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die"
Hancock on DVD
Gift certificate To Block Busters

It was a very good Christmas for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it..watched Hancock twice.

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. :):p

mleuba

mleuba

Enthusiast
Christmas Booty

A brand spankin' new Squeezebox Duet baby! I am enjoying it as we speak, the thing I REALLY like is the internet radio streaming. I am stuck on Folk music lately and AOL Folk station is phenomenol.

Ho Ho Ho and Happy New Year to all you 'Holics!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis