eljr

Audioholic General

Gregorian Chant, Christmas Chants

Publish Date: September 2008
Publisher: Jade Music

Desertpilot

Desertpilot

Audiophyte
I am a double bass fan and especially Rick Stotijn. I recently picked up Amsterdam Sinfonietta Soloists release of Franz Schubert: String Quintet. There are arrangements for this piece that include the double bass and Rick does so magnificently. While the double bass add weight and depth to the piece, Rick tuned the instrument in a way that allows it to mesh perfectly with the Violin, Cello and Viola. Highly recommended.

Marcus DiBenedetto
Las Vegas, NV

Franz Schubert String Quintet Cover.jpg

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Bruch.jpg

Joshua's playing brings with his violin the purest and most beautiful sound which you can hear at present.
I was told this by a an 87 year old violinist friend of mine.

Last edited:
F

flippo

Full Audioholic
1615682514809.png

Pure audio blu ray found used. First time hearing this format. Stunning

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yo Yo Ma.jpg

This is Ma's third recording of the suites.

In my opinion, it is his best. Now in his sixties, he plays them with a different approach, more openness, a certain intimacy. In the accompanying notes, he mentions that the he has been playing them most of his life. He was thought to play the first suite, measure by measure, at the age of four by his father, who was a violonist.

The recording is closely miked and the sound is really amazing. You believe having him play in your listening room. A gem.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Anne-Julie Caron plays Saint-Saëns' Introduction & Rondo Capricioso, which was originally composed for violin solo and orchestra, but on the marimba:

In 2004, she won the Prix d'Europe. She has only one CD so far. I have it and the performance is also amazing. It's no longer available in Canada and expensive from Amazon.com. However on eBay, you can get it at a reasonable price:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Anne-Julie Caron plays Saint-Saëns' Introduction & Rondo Capricioso, which was originally composed for violin solo and orchestra, but on the marimba:

She has only one CD so far. I have it and the performance is also amazing. It's no longer available in Canada and expensive from Amazon.com. However on eBay, you can get it at a reasonable price:
Gonna throw it in my cart. You never steer wrong. ✌

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
This whole album is very good this song is one of many highlights. It is on Amazon Music in HD.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just discovered this song this morning. So beautiful. A couple of tears.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
While the Cavallé-Coll organ at the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris is not in working order, following the fire which destroyed a good portion of the building, We still have the opportunity to hear it on CDs, and some of the concert pieces are available for streaming on Youtube.

Here is an amazing rendition of Stravinsky's Sacre du Printemps (Rite of Spring), featuring Olivier Latry who is one of the four titular organists at Notre-Dame, and Shin-young Lee, his wife, in a a 4-hand transcription by Olivier himself:

Last edited:
G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I made a night music playlist of Yiruma and Ola Gjeilo. I play a little piano so I like to relax to this at night.

These are two albums from both composers.

21DC817A-2CEF-4048-B4D3-4509384D2F6E.jpeg

9004700F-6385-40C9-8399-5481CBD3524D.jpeg

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

Renaissance
Jordi Savall, Charles Ravier, Philippe Herreweghe, Hespèrion XX, Ensemble Polyphonique de France, Collegium Vocale, Knabenchor Hannover
January 1, 1996

runtime: 2 hours 15 minutes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis