What are you watching tonight?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you so much, NIN....it is truly appreciated right now. It's been really, really tough on me because I lost my dad back in 06 and I feel like I'm the only one on the planet to have gone through this. :(:(:(
That's part of human nature too. It's something that almost everyone goes through at some point, yet we all experience and deal with it/feel it differently. I think that's part of what makes it feel so unique to each individual.

I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends during your grieving.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
So once again NFL all day
So Sad the Steelers lost. But hey it's only week 2.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Classic..! One of only a couple of SK films that were worthy. So many bad SK adaptations but this was good IMO. Probably this and Firestarter were the only early films that weren't flops.

Re-Watch (just because it's a new disc in our collection):

The Dead Zone Blu-ray Review (Scream Factory) - Cultsploitation

Pin on Gif

Bloody Scissors GIF | Gfycat

Found on Bing from haidaspicciare.tumblr.com | Christopher walken, Walken,  Best supporting actor

The Dead Zone - C+ - DOUBLEFEATUREPREACHERS

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Are you referring to the regular 1080p Blu-ray versus the 4K version?

If so, we rented the regular Blu when it came out and I don't quite remember what it looked like; to be perfectly honest, this film, for having such a major budget and being part of DC/Warner's tentpole comic adaptation series, didn't really look jaw-dropping or demo-worthy in Ultra HD Blu-ray. It looks good -- don't get me wrong (especially the opening full-frame IMAX-esque shots in Diana's home realm); it's just that something is missing from making this a sensational,, demo-worthy presentation along the lines of Aquaman.

The scene in the mall, towards the beginning, explodes with rich, vivid colors -- especially the red Trans Am the kids are in when they almost hit that woman jogging and the hues of Diana's costume during the burglary heist sequence -- but after that things get a little soft and flat looking when the action shifts from outdoor environments to indoor dialogue exchange moments.
Saw this on HBOMax opening day. It streamed in 4K but I was thinking pretty much what you are saying here. It didn't appear like the 4K was really important because there didn't seem many scenes to show it off. But my point I guess is that it streamed in a decent quality. I had watched some on my UHD TV (also streamed) and there weren't that many places I think you'd be able to tell.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
That's part of human nature too. It's something that almost everyone goes through at some point, yet we all experience and deal with it/feel it differently. I think that's part of what makes it feel so unique to each individual.
Have you lost any parents?

I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends during your grieving.
Not really, but I appreciate the sentiment; I am the one who has to live without both of them now, and there's no one who can really relate to that. No more advice, no more guidance through life, no more moral support, no more emotional blankets. That's it. I am alone and deserted, and will have to spend the rest of my days in this constant state of pain until it's my time.

The only thing that has been comforting to me has been my home theater/cinema hobby, but that is beginning to lose its shine of support slowly too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Would love to have seen her.

Why was it a tough month for you?
Severe upper back pain and right arm is numb for a month and still dealing with it. Getting physical therapy and still same stuff. Spent nights waking up and crying cause the pain was so severe. Lost alot days of work cause of it. Car troubles with large bill. Now back to work with this pain cause I need to pay bills. Also my depression got worse with this pain and more. My only relief is Music, Movies and thrifting. Like you said It really helps and sometimes not.

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Severe upper back pain and right arm is numb for a month and still dealing with it. Getting physical therapy and still same stuff. Spent nights waking up and crying cause the pain was so severe. Lost alot days of work cause of it. Car troubles with large bill. Now back to work with this pain cause I need to pay bills. Also my depression got worse with this pain and more. My only relief is Music, Movies and thrifting. Like you said It really helps and sometimes not.
Oh, I am sorry my friend....I suffer from depression too, so I know what you're going through.

I hope you feel better. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Have you lost any parents?
I lost my father when I was 19, it was definitely rough for quite a few months after. I went through therapy years later to deal with issues surrounding him and his passing.

edited to add: I liken grief to a storm where you're being battered by waves of grief, some are bigger than others, some smaller. While the storm eventually abates, you will still get hit by a (rogue) wave of grief at random times.

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I lost my father when I was 19, it was definitely rough for quite a few months after. I went through therapy years later to deal with issues surrounding him and his passing.

edited to add: I liken grief to a storm where you're being battered by waves of grief, some are bigger than others, some smaller. While the storm eventually abates, you will still get hit by a (rogue) wave of grief at random times.
Wow...that must have been hard at that age. What happened? Is your mom still with us?

I was fortunate enough to have the last of my parents till I was in my late 40s, and they both lived a full life with lots of successes in them (they owned a business, traveled a lot, got to retire) but it still hurts so much. I don't think I will ever get over the fact that they're BOTH gone and that I don't have them to rely on anymore for advice, guidance, support, etc.

As a matter of fact, NIN, at some point soon I will probably be saying goodbye to all you guys here because I won't be able to take the loss any further; if it means my life, so be it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis