What are you watching tonight?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Highly recommended a watch. I got misty eyed on this doc. Stunning beautiful detailed paintings by this artist that are jaw dropping.
The Painter and the theif on Hulu.
_20210209_215413.JPG
_20210209_215507.JPG
_20210209_215647.JPG
_20210209_220104.JPG
_20210209_220300.JPG
_20210209_220418.JPG

_20210209_215140.JPG

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1612931930159.jpeg

Ending.....

Hollywood: villain points gun at his back but flips gun in the air with foot, drops and spins and shoots him.
Reality: gets shot in the back for making a sudden move. :D

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Any good?
Ended up being a bunch of syrupy sanctimonious crap -- more politically correct horseshit for the current teen generation, throwing everything in there from the
prerequisite gay kid who was utterly annoying throughout to the constant reminders of who is "accepted" today and who isn't. There's even a moment that almost made me throw up in my mouth when Vaughn, playing the serial killer who, at that point, has the personality of the high school chick he swapped with inside him, makes out with a dude the girl has a crush on at school in the back of a car...the whole thing was bizarre, offputting and cringe-worthy.

The only saving grace of the film -- clearly directed at a certain demographic audience (i.e. today's utterly confused teens) -- was the sometimes very graphic violence, which was on display from the onset and opening frame. When Vaughn puts on a mask in the beginning to stalk some douche teens, he actually does a great Jason Voorhess impersonation (which is probably what they were going for, based on a reference to "Friday the 13th" in one scene, referring to the date).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Ended up being a bunch of syrupy sanctimonious crap -- more politically correct horseshit for the current teen generation, throwing everything in there from the
prerequisite gay kid who was utterly annoying throughout to the constant reminders of who is "accepted" today and who isn't. There's even a moment that almost made me throw up in my mouth when Vaughn, playing the serial killer who, at that point, has the personality of the high school chick he swapped with inside him, makes out with a dude the girl has a crush on at school in the back of a car...the whole thing was bizarre, offputting and cringe-worthy.

The only saving grace of the film -- clearly directed at a certain demographic audience (i.e. today's utterly confused teens) -- was the sometimes very graphic violence, which was on display from the onset and opening frame. When Vaughn puts on a mask in the beginning to stalk some douche teens, he actually does a great Jason Voorhess impersonation (which is probably what they were going for, based on a reference to "Friday the 13th" in one scene, referring to the date).
The ad looked interesting. Bummer.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched The Dead Don't Die on HBO Max last night with Bill Murray and Adam Driver, as well as a bunch of other well knowns with bit parts. It wasn't horrible, although it struggles with what kind of genre it's supposed to be. Part horror movie, part comedy but at the end of it, it most falls flat. And what the hell was up with Tilda Swinton?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Watched The Dead Don't Die on HBO Max last night with Bill Murray and Adam Driver, as well as a bunch of other well knowns with bit parts. It wasn't horrible, although it struggles with what kind of genre it's supposed to be. Part horror movie, part comedy but at the end of it, it most falls flat. And what the hell was up with Tilda Swinton?
I thought it was going to be a lot better than it was. IMO it was trying a little too hard to be “quirky” and weird, too forced.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I thought it was going to be a lot better than it was. IMO it was trying a little too hard to be “quirky” and weird, too forced.
Completely agree with that statement. I went in not expecting much and that's exactly what I got. It seemed a little weird when they kind of broke the 4th wall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis