What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Presidential Debate. Might switch to Thursday Night Football occasionally.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Broadcast TV Version of:

Absolutely atrocious picture quality, as you can see from the above clips; this was definitely a VHS copy that was ported over for Scream's Blu-ray, as it was not only full screen but in REALLY rough condition, with colored distorted "pause bars" (where someone obviously paused the recording during commercial breaks) and other VHS-esque characteristics. Nice that Scream included this on the second disc of extras, but it is definitely a curiosity and not the way to properly view this masterpiece. It also includes stuffy mono audio and a plethora of removed vulgarity and gore (two elements that really make this film an experience, IMO).
There's also a very strange -- and unnecessary -- narration voiceover that introduces the characters in the beginning; don't know what that was about....
:crazy:

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

If you want to give your subs a workout Interstellar 4K blew me away. The whole house was shaking during the trip around the blackhole and the rocket blasting off. I ended up turning one sub off as it was just too much for me! :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hulu great docu watch. Didn’t know much about this group till now. Lots of cool interviews.

A736BB67-D936-48E3-87E2-8EC6BA364CF3.jpeg

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 41001
Guess I need to upgrade to another media?
Yeah, I'd say so...

To be honest, the original flipper DVD -- which I own -- from Warner (when they took over distribution rights for MGM films) from circa 1997 or so looks pretty rough...as if they took the VHS master and used that for the DVD transfer. At least the widescreen side is anamorphic...

Artifacts, print damage, unstable opening credits...the original DVD is a mess. I meant to get around to upgrading it to the Blu-ray this year but just didn't.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis