What are you watching tonight?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
More Bond... Watched The Man With The Golden Gun last night...

Next up: The Spy Who Loved Me

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Underwater 2020 - shot with 6.5K Digital Camera. Mastered in 4K.

I was waiting for the 4K/Atmos BD version. But it looks like it has been cancelled for now. Probably somehow related to this damn COVID19.
Yeah, a 4k release would've been nice, but I don't think it did well in the theaters to warrant the 4k edition. With 4k sales up and down and blu ray sales still leading over all other formats, I think the blu ray is all there is going to be.

I'm glad older movies are being released in 4k. I just saw this morning that Jaw is being released in 4k. June is the release date. Super excited about that release.

jaws.jpg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, a 4k release would've been nice, but I don't think it did well in the theaters to warrant the 4k edition. With 4k sales up and down and blu ray sales still leading over all other formats, I think the blu ray is all there is going to be.

I'm glad older movies are being released in 4k. I just saw this morning that Jaw is being released in 4k. June is the release date. Super excited about that release.

View attachment 35486
The fact that “Underwater” was shot in 6.5K Digital and Mastered in 4K Digital is precisely the reason it should get the 4K BD.

Most movies are not even shot in 4K, much less 6.5K. And most movies aren’t Mastered in 4K! For example, both Avengers Infinity War and Endgame were shot in 6.5K, but both movies were Mastered in only 2K. So the “4K” BD of those movies are FAKE 4! :D

As for older movies being remastered in 4K, they just won’t look as awesome as ”Underwater” and all the new movies shot in 4K-8K and mastered in 4K.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Deep Impact(1st time seeing the movie) and Bad Boys on Netflix. Both very entertaining. B+ for both.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This would be the first Bond movie I remember seeing in the theater as a kid...

For Your Eyes Only

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Can’t remember which was first but I remember going to the theaters to see Octopussy and Never Say Never Again back in 1983. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can’t remember which was first but I remember going to the theaters to see Octopussy and Never Say Never Again back in 1983. :)
Octopussy slightly earlier, last Roger Moore one IIRC, altho also last Sean Connery otoh....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Roger did View to A Kill with Walken and Grace Jones. ;)

I suspect I saw Moonraker in the theater too, but that was right at the cusp of what I'd remember. Star Wars, on the other hand, I remember well... perhaps overshadowing anything else.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Roger did View to A Kill with Walken and Grace Jones. ;)

I suspect I saw Moonraker in the theater too, but that was right at the cusp of what I'd remember. Star Wars, on the other hand, I remember well... perhaps overshadowing anything else.
Yep seem VTAK was a couple years later...guess that was when the ownership of the franchise was in biggest flux? VTAK was pretty cool....especially being in the bay area :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
A View to a Kill was one I saw on a Saturday downtown in Seattle with friends. Pretty fun night since we were only 10 or 11 years old. I watch that movie now and the main thing I like about it is the Duran Duran theme music. LOL :)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Just got this in the mail today...can't wait to put it through its paces later.

Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook:
1587499317758.png
1587499327379.png

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Finished the Sean Connery era with Never Say Never Again...
Watched Octopussy...
Tonight, I lay the Roger Moore era to rest with A View To A Kill...

BTW... one of the better theme song performances, courtesy of Duran Duran.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis