what are you drinking right now ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Do you remember when it was “Todd the axeman”? Iirc, they had to change name because he was the brewmaster that came up with it, as well as “furious”. I think they had to change the recipe just a bit too since he took it with him and went to three Floyd’s. I could have some lines crossed but that’s what I had heard. I know you’re from MN as well. I’d recommend some beers from Lupulin in big lake. Blissful ignorance is nice and is 9%. They have some others too that are also really good. Toppling Goliath right across the Iowa border has always been very very solid. King Sue by them, might be my #1. Oh wait, can’t just choose one…..

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Do you remember when it was “Todd the axeman”? Iirc, they had to change name because he was the brewmaster that came up with it, as well as “furious”. I think they had to change the recipe just a bit too since he took it with him and went to three Floyd’s. I could have some lines crossed but that’s what I had heard. I know you’re from MN as well. I’d recommend some beers from Lupulin in big lake. Blissful ignorance is nice and is 9%. They have some others too that are also really good. Toppling Goliath right across the Iowa border has always been very very solid. King Sue by them, might be my #1. Oh wait, can’t just choose one…..
I do! I wondered why they dropped the "Todd". My niece's guitar playing boyfriend told me Todd was a guitar player who was in a local band that had a some kind of following. I think it was a metal band. So that is when I understood the "axe". And that he left Surly for another brewer so they dropped the Todd. ha. My name is Todd too, so I liked the original name. ha. I did not know he had a hand in Furious.
I'll look those others up that you mentioned. I am inclined towards IPA's.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I do! I wondered why they dropped the "Todd". My niece's guitar playing boyfriend told me Todd was a guitar player who was in a local band that had a some kind of following. I think it was a metal band. So that is when I understood the "axe". And that he left Surly for another brewer so they dropped the Todd. ha. My name is Todd too, so I liked the original name. ha. I did not know he had a hand in Furious.
I'll look those others up that you mentioned. I am inclined towards IPA's.
If my old brain works, I think he was responsible for one man mosh pit too. To me, something always tasted different after he was gone. My friend who’s also a guitar player, and works at HCMC is those who told me about Todd. I think he’s at Three Floyd’s, and I seem to recall some kind of Band influence there too. Foggy geezer by them is always good on tap.
I love my IPA’s too and I think you’ll find some good ones from TG and lupulin. There others of course, but I’ve tried so many, and it seems like I always circle back to certain ones. I also love good porters and stouts. And of course, Bourbon. Mmmmm
Cheers!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Once again Natty Light (the cheaper alternative to Mich Ultra) watching NFL games all day. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis