what are you drinking right now ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No!
I saw a new fire up there... How close/far?
Had to evacuate Oakridge late Friday for the Cedar Creek Fire....altho can return as evac level went down from 3 to 2 for my part of town of this afternoon, but with level 3 just a few blocks distance away and AQI in the 400-500 range decided to keep hanging out at my sister's place for now....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Wife and I hiked over 16km (10mi) Saturday to finish the Niagara section of the Bruce Trail. 83km (52mi) down, 817km (510mi) to go! Went to Niagara On The Lake afterwards for a cold beverage and light meal. Had fresh portabello mushroom on a bun with a big side salad and chased it down with a Strongbow apple cider. Haven't had one of those in a while.
StrongbowOriginal200-1.png

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Looks good Ryan, as a die-hard Manhattan drinker I'm not used to seeing one served 'up' in that type of glass ?
I have some overly large Coupe stemware that probably holds 8oz. I'm not a big fan of those unless I'm doing up some Double Paper Planes! ;)

I love my Gibraltar glassware. That Libbey 4.5oz glass is my go to for neat pours of liquor, Espresso... and as the appropriate shape of a Nick&Nora style glass...
1663003480766.png

...Just think of it as a Stemless Nick&Nora. :D

On the other side of things, the classic Cocktail or Martini Glass...
1663003641334.png

...is an abject abomination. Sure they look cool, but they do an abysmal job of holding a drink! One hiccough and half your perfectly crafted Martini or Manhattan is on your shirt or the floor! :p

The Coupe on the other hand is very nice at properly containing a luxurious libation... just DO NOT use it for Champagne, please...
1663003953214.png

...And while legend maintains it was made in the shape of Marie Antoinette's bosom... they were not. The Coupe can be dated back to mid 17th century, almost a full hundred years prior to Marie Antoinette.
:)

But more than anything... Up means chilled with ice by stirring or shaking, then straining into a glass, most commonly one of the fore mentioned styles of cocktail glass, but technically (as was taught to me) the act of straining it off the ice into any glass without ice is "up".
There are a lot of different distinctions, however, and different people everywhere may have something specific that they do at any of the common bar terms (up, neat, straight..). For funsies:

:D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You know, I've been a 'M&M' (Martini & Manhattan) drinker for 40 plus years and have never spilled one from a classic martini glass. Perhaps I didn't get sloshed enough .... :eek:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You know, I've been a 'M&M' (Martini & Manhattan) drinker for 40 plus years and have never spilled one from a classic martini glass. Perhaps I didn't get sloshed enough .... :eek:
Congrats! :D
I've done it. Seen it. Watched guys buy a top shelf cocktail and spill it all only to look at me like I need to replace the drink for them. ;) (The ones who are nice about it may actually get it, too. Always be nice to your Bartender!)

End of the day it's all personal preference.

For me, more than anything, I love the feel of that Gibraltar. Solid, weighty, and I do like the looks of them.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How peanut tasting is it, over powering or a hint ?
VERY subtle. They do a great job with their stouts. I've only really had one that was a bit much and I can't really remember which one.

The Sin Mint one is my favorite. I haven't seen it in a while though.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats! :D
I've done it. Seen it. Watched guys buy a top shelf cocktail and spill it all only to look at me like I need to replace the drink for them. ;) (The ones who are nice about it may actually get it, too. Always be nice to your Bartender!)

End of the day it's all personal preference.

For me, more than anything, I love the feel of that Gibraltar. Solid, weighty, and I do like the looks of them.
at the end of the day it's all good and I agree, a great rye Manhattan is winner !

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Last Word

Equal parts:
Dry Gin (Tanqueray, for me)
Green Chartreuse
Luxardo
Lime Juice

Shaken, Up, Cherry Garnish

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have lately found the Jameson Stout Edition quite drinkable....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had this the other day. Really hoppy, but very tasty. Never had an amber that hoppy, is DIPA hoppy, but amber taste. Pretty good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis