what are you drinking right now ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ten bucks for a six pack, and Damn delicious. Surprisingly good. I’m on number five. Probably one more before bed. Lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just scored a new bottle of Averna...
A few Black Manhattans to pass the night. :)
Imma need you to recommend a good vermouth. I haven't liked a Manhattan yet

I'm am old fashioned kind of guy.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Just bought some Bigelow decaf green tea. Will be drinking it in the morning. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Imma need you to recommend a good vermouth. I haven't liked a Manhattan yet

I'm am old fashioned kind of guy.
My go to vermouth is Carpano Antica.

And it is extremely quaffable on the rocks.

There are a lot of unique vermouths you can try, but not all will mix well... some will be more bitter, some more sweet, and some just flat out insipid. Carpano Antica is an exhilarating balance of sweet, tart and bitter.

I avoid and Gallo vermouth like the plague.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I avoid Gallo overall....what's special about vermouth? Just curious, my mom liked it, never cared for it myself....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
While I avoid Gallo overall....what's special about vermouth? Just curious, my mom liked it, never cared for it myself....
Can't have a manhattan, boulevardier, martini or negroni without! ;)
And this one just happens to taste good, too!

A good vermouth should have some unique aromatic characteristics to it which can make for an interesting tipple.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't have a manhattan, boulevardier, martini or negroni without! ;)
And this one just happens to taste good, too!

A good vermouth should have some unique aromatic characteristics to it which can make for an interesting tipple.
So you ever do it straight? My mom said the quality never mattered much altho I do believe she had a favorite brand. Think she also used it in cooking....I'm just not much into mixed drinks myself....just more a beer guy or straight whisky/whiskey/uisce beatha :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So you ever do it straight? My mom said the quality never mattered much altho I do believe she had a favorite brand. Think she also used it in cooking....I'm just not much into mixed drinks myself....just more a beer guy or straight whisky/whiskey/uisce beatha :)
Absolutely!
In fact... I'm doing so now. :D

All this talk about it made me thirsty. ;)

I do it on the rocks, no twist or garnish.

(Conversely, it is common to take an Amaro neat or on the rocks with a twist or slice, depending on he actual liqueur chosen. Averna is commonly served with a lemon wheel, iirc, and Amaro Nonino with a twist of lemon or orange... for example.)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
My dad used to make a small batch of vermouth whenever he made wine. It's funny but the wine always tasted pretty much the same year to year with same grape variety and method. Instead the vermouth tasted different year to year. Chemistry is a funny thing.
On the rocks, straight up for me too.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Inherited a few open bottles of brandy and cognac. Made a couple Horse's Neck which is some bitters swirled in a glass, 2 oz brandy and about 5 oz of ginger ale over ice with a long thin lemon peel for garnish. Very nice.

I am also a very big fan of whiskey sours, so I've been making brandy sours as well. Actually, the sour recipe works well with many spirits. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A match made in heaven…
A sunny day.
A chainsaw.
A six pack of Total Domination.
:D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Carving a stump statue?
Na.
Our landlord has these stupid-overgrown Cedars he planted on the property line way back when...
A whole knot of 10-15 yard long branches just gave out during our December rains. He said he would take care of it...
Fortunately I know where his chainsaw is. :D

Created an impressive pile for a future bonfire... Though he'll just bring out his chipper probably and do that at 7:30 some morning. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis