Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee

Audioholic Intern
I met this angel at a gramophone museum in South Korea. It sounded really good and had a stadium-like sound.
I'm guessing they're vintage. I had this pic on my Instagram (@dohyun85570) for a while now and I never found out what model it is. Can you audioholics find out?

upload_2017-5-7_21-46-22.png

There were two of these with dedicated monoblocks for each. You can see that a horn speaker is place left of it.
The museum had a lot of those.

Attachments

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't know how you figured out what kind of speakers those were, those are awfully obscure. They are certainly not authentically vintage designs though. There are some modern things going on there.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Jadis Eurythmie II.
http://www.stereophile.com/content/jadis-eurythmie-ii-loudspeaker
http://www.monoandstereo.com/p/mono-and-stereo-trusted.html

Apparently someone says only 50 of these were made and prices are "if you have to ask..."

I just returned to planet earth after reading the Stereophile article and review. First off, those speakers are something else. Not sure if something that complicated is a positive or what.

But the review! The review is a text book example of what is the worst aspect of our hobby: the elitist mentality and vocabulary. I feel like I need some brain bleach after reading endless pages of self congratulating flagellation as the reviewer trods his auditory journey towards auditory nirvana.

The speakers seem like they could sound pretty good. At $37,000 a pair I might have a few expectations. Great to see pictures of these though. Pretty cool.

Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee

Audioholic Intern
I just returned to planet earth after reading the Stereophile article and review. First off, those speakers are something else. Not sure if something that complicated is a positive or what.

But the review! The review is a text book example of what is the worst aspect of our hobby: the elitist mentality and vocabulary. I feel like I need some brain bleach after reading endless pages of self congratulating flagellation as the reviewer trods his auditory journey towards auditory nirvana.

The speakers seem like they could sound pretty good. At $37,000 a pair I might have a few expectations. Great to see pictures of these though. Pretty cool.
The link to the museum I went to is here:
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=268191

If you scroll down through the images, you can see the speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Love this...
(They are works of art though)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis