What are the BEST Audiophile Tradeshows to Attend?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There is a growing list of great audiophile shows around the world that is making the hobby less geo-dependent. The educated consumer is a better consumer and a trip to one or two of these shows can make you much more experienced in audio. As Jimi Hendrix once said “Get Experienced…” which is good advice.

This article takes you on a tour of the top audio trade shows, offering an inside look at each one and highlighting why they’re worth adding to your calendar. Whether you're chasing the latest innovations or planning your next adventure, discover the events that perfectly align with your passion and travel plans.

aurender.jpg

Which ones are our favorites? Which ones should you avoid? Read our editorial to find out.

Read: What are the Best Audiophile Tradeshows to Attend?

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Gene. I wish the Dallas show would have been there before I left DFW in 2020. Live in St Augustine now so I might look into the Tampa show next year. Probably not since its over 200 miles away and I can't afford most of that stuff. But it might be nice to hear best that the High End has to offer. :)

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
Gene, with all due respect, for me, I see no use in these audio showcases from the standpoint of an end-user. Of course, that’s me and I’ve been around for a million years.

Having been disgusted with the way that the advancement of digital audio has proceeded, the majority of my next system is going to be in software. It’s much cheaper and more efficient. The only problem is that it’s a lot of work. I am up for it.

The other part is that I’m designing my own loud speakers and they will be fully active. Obviously, I’m not your average audiophile.

Also, I am a musician so this is not a hobby to me. It’s a way of life. It’s a large part of life. To make the best possible music mixes, you need the best audio system. I’m not going to pay ridiculous prices for top line loudspeakers and most especially if they are passive.

Active loudspeakers are the best speakers on the planet. That’s not even debatable and I’m not even starting that debate here. It’s just a fact.

And, if you know enough that you can make your own active speakers, the return on investment is incredible. You can make the best speakers in the world and pay drastically less than anything that is comparable that’s a commercial product.

Basically, it costs a lot less to cook at home than eat at restaurants. That analogy is perfect.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
RMAF was always a favorite of mine, if for no other reason than a great location combined with my youngest son living out there. I haven't been to one since ......

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
Very useful. I was hoping to attend a show or two this year if i can.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Gene, with all due respect, for me, I see no use in these audio showcases from the standpoint of an end-user. Of course, that’s me and I’ve been around for a million years.

Having been disgusted with the way that the advancement of digital audio has proceeded, the majority of my next system is going to be in software. It’s much cheaper and more efficient. The only problem is that it’s a lot of work. I am up for it.

The other part is that I’m designing my own loud speakers and they will be fully active. Obviously, I’m not your average audiophile.

Also, I am a musician so this is not a hobby to me. It’s a way of life. It’s a large part of life. To make the best possible music mixes, you need the best audio system. I’m not going to pay ridiculous prices for top line loudspeakers and most especially if they are passive.

Active loudspeakers are the best speakers on the planet. That’s not even debatable and I’m not even starting that debate here. It’s just a fact.

And, if you know enough that you can make your own active speakers, the return on investment is incredible. You can make the best speakers in the world and pay drastically less than anything that is comparable that’s a commercial product.

Basically, it costs a lot less to cook at home than eat at restaurants. That analogy is perfect.
I am with you and design my own speakers, active and passive. Active allows you to design in a way that is not remotely possible in a passive design.

Please post what you are up to here. I do not own commercial speaker, never have and I hope never will.

I live less than a days drive to Axpona from here, but I have to admit I have never got round to making the trip.
I guess the only interest would be if I heard a better room, than my AV room here. I really doubt I would.

Q

quattro_98

Audioholic Intern
It's interesting to hear about these. I wonder what Munich is like. Living in Chicago, the only one I'm going to is Axpona. Not too bad.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't see any particular reason to attend one....maybe if local and free I might. If they had actual dedicated audio setups in proper rooms with a good comparison setup, maybe interesting....

EpsilonZer0

EpsilonZer0

Enthusiast
Should include the Tokyo International Audio Show in the list. Its another "hotel show" usually held in Ginza, but there are some serious audiophile diehards that attend. Best of all they dont scrutinize toward commercial, it is really open to everybody that enjoys audio. Plus in general I find the best vintage gear in Japan and it is because people truly love audio over there. I cant recommend this show enough

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis