S.O.

S.O.

Audiophyte
On the rear panel of my Yamaha subwoofer there are two sets of spring clips. Both input and output. What are they for?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Using high level/speaker level connections (rather than rca)

S.O.

S.O.

Audiophyte
Can you pigtail some speakers from the outputs? It's currently plugged in using a coaxial

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not familiar with the term pigtail, but the output is to continue running the signal to the speakers if needed (depends on how everything's positioned as to whether that is a benefit or not). What do you use for pre-amp/amp?

S.O.

S.O.

Audiophyte
I see.
I running straight from the receiver. What I am wondering is if I plug in a speaker to the outputs from the subwoofer, will I get sound or damage something?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No bass management that way if your receiver has such (and doubt the speaker outs on the sub are high passed....what model sub is it?).....but yes, the speaker wire just carries a signal to the sub, the output would be as normal for the speaker, it just passes thru the sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Edited....they used the phrase high cut and I read high pass in error, it seems to have just the typical low pass filter for "crossover"

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I see.
I running straight from the receiver. What I am wondering is if I plug in a speaker to the outputs from the subwoofer, will I get sound or damage something?
No sound. The speaker level inputs are in parallel with the output, and there is an RC network to the sub amp. So there is only output from those speaker terminals, if there is a speaker level input.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No sound. The speaker level inputs are in parallel with the output, and there is an RC network to the sub amp. So there is only output from those speaker terminals, if there is a speaker level input.
I didn't read it that way but good point, no, if the sub's input is the rca, no output.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis