What’s in your closet?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I just found these buried in the closet.
samsung bd-jm57c and samsung bd-d525.
cheap machines both. But I can use them to stream to a bedroom tv, and use one as a cd player blue ray /CD player in my main system.

What should look for to determine which player would give me the best sound to integrate into the main system?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If you connect it via HDMI it should not matter with respect to audio quality, assuming they can read the same codecs.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I just found these buried in the closet.
samsung bd-jm57c and samsung bd-d525.
cheap machines both. But I can use them to stream to a bedroom tv, and use one as a cd player blue ray /CD player in my main system.

What should look for to determine which player would give me the best sound to integrate into the main system?
I have 2 Crown XTI 60002 amps I was going to use to power my passive subs but there 2 dang loud for the room. So they are just collecting dust until I can figure out what to do with them.
And an old Sony blu ray I still haven't figured out what to do with yet

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have 2 Crown XTI 60002 amps I was going to use to power my passive subs but there 2 dang loud for the room. So they are just collecting dust until I can figure out what to do with them.
And an old Sony blu ray I still haven't figured out what to do with yet
I haven't forgotten, my friend. ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I hope this isn't a contest. :D
  • Sanyo RD S40 cassette deck (spare)
  • Yamaha AX-400U integrate amp (plan to use in the den)
  • Toshiba pre-amp
  • Two CEC ST-630 linear tracking turntables (need repair)
  • Two Electrovoice Interface 1 Series II speakers (need new foam surrounds)
  • Two Canton AS 85.2 subwoofers (tested and plan to use in the den or living room)
  • Two Canton Plus GX speakers with wall mounts (may sell)
  • Two Wharfdale PPX-1 panel speakers
  • Klipsch KW-100 subwoofer (working but needs servicing)
Some music gear too. I should start a thread on that.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You know, now that I think about it, ever since @Alex2507 said he was stalking me... I haven't heard much from him....

*gulps nervously

I don't know, now, whether I should do a closet check or not.
#plausible-deniability

:p

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
My best closet gear is an Emotiva LPA-1 AMP. 6x125 and it's a beast. It's my backup AMP if something happens to my other. I like it so I don't want to sell it and I got it for ~250 so it's on house money.

1642886961509.png

Emotiva Ultra Theater Series LMC-1 & LPA-1 Review | Audioholics

I have ZERO speakers that aren't in use.

I have an extra Panamax 5300. I got all my Panamax's for $50. Would never pay too much more for those but under $100 they are a great buy.

And a cheap Sony AVR that wasn't but $150 new but could hold any of my setups over if in case my active AVRs blew out till I got another.

I still wouldn't mind investing in a LCR to try for fun but it would mean some big gear going in the closet that I don't have space for :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
My best closet gear is an Emotiva LPA-1 AMP. 6x125 and it's a beast. It's my backup AMP if something happens to my other. I like it so I don't want to sell it and I got it for ~250 so it's on house money.

View attachment 53302

Emotiva Ultra Theater Series LMC-1 & LPA-1 Review | Audioholics

I have ZERO speakers that aren't in use.

I have an extra Panamax 5300. I got all my Panamax's for $50. Would never pay too much more for those but under $100 they are a great buy.

And a cheap Sony AVR that wasn't but $150 new but could hold any of my setups over if in case my active AVRs blew out till I got another.

I still wouldn't mind investing in a LCR to try for fun but it would mean some big gear going in the closet that I don't have space for :)
Purdy!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I've got some Infinity Primus 163s in my closet in case I ever want to run surrounds with my P363s. My condo is too small so they will probably just stay there as backup speakers just in case.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I gotta buncha stuff, altho none of it in a closet, laying around I'm not using if that's what you mean. Several pair of speakers, a coupla amps...a cd changer....PS3.....some miscellaneous stuff to build speakers and subs with.....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Oh yeah, I also have a Toshiba DVD / High Fi VCR combo with a couple of VHS tapes. I'll probably keep that forever. :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I also have: two Klipsch KG 4.2 floor standers I promised to a friend before the pandemic.

klipsch 8” subwoofer, watch out SVS!

B&W DM 602 with B&W stands, and center channel.

Onkyo Integra receiver 6.2
Kenwood CD 203.
Some of this stuff is 25 years old. I was trying on a tight budget.

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I also have: two Klipsch KG 4.2 floor standers I promised to a friend before the pandemic.

klipsch 8” subwoofer, watch out SVS!

B&W DM 602 with B&W stands, and center channel.

Onkyo Integra receiver 6.2
Kenwood CD 203.
Some of this stuff is 25 years old. I was trying on a tight budget.

How are those Klipsch? I see some of the those older Klipsch KG's and EPICs and I wonder about trying them out. Probably would be a waste of time though. (and end up in my closet)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
How are those Klipsch? I see some of the those older Klipsch KG's and EPICs and I wonder about trying them out. Probably would be a waste of time though. (and end up in my closet)
I loved them. Some think the horns are harsh, but man did we have some good times!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I hope this isn't a contest. :D
  • Sanyo RD S40 cassette deck (spare)
  • Yamaha AX-400U integrate amp (plan to use in the den)
  • Toshiba pre-amp
  • Two CEC ST-630 linear tracking turntables (need repair)
  • Two Electrovoice Interface 1 Series II speakers (need new foam surrounds)
  • Two Canton AS 85.2 subwoofers (tested and plan to use in the den or living room)
  • Two Canton Plus GX speakers with wall mounts (may sell)
  • Two Wharfdale PPX-1 panel speakers
  • Klipsch KW-100 subwoofer (working but needs servicing)
Some music gear too. I should start a thread on that.
If this is a contest you won :) Back in the day I had a pair of electrovoice speakers (replaced by new advents) and a sanyo cassette deck (replaced by a Teac). I don't have any of those anymore.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis