Wharfedale Diamond 122 - review

N

Nanaea

Audioholic Intern
Hi all, I'm just here to give my own opinion of the new Wharfedale Diamond 122.

So I'll start of with build quality and as expected it's good, they are reasonably heavy and the material used seems to be high quality. One thing that i really liked was how nicely the grills fitted in, leaving no gap at all which gives it a very nice look with the grills on (I prefer to see them with the grills on then without!).
I'd like to mention something that some people may get confused with, when looking at pictures you might be led to believe that the tweeter is rather massive but it's actually not, only the center dome is actually the tweeter and the stuff around that looks like it's part of it is just hard plastic that's suppose to improve efficiency.

Sound. Well they sound amazing, in terms of bass they output the same bass as some full towers I've seen out there and they don't seem to miss a beat, they deliver a very warm sound and the mids are so well put out, as for the high frequency they can seem a tad bright but somehow it sounds nice. I find them to give out a very smooth sound and very blended even if the treble gets happy.

Using them as surround speakers, they complement very well the rest of my set up and nail all the effects needed from them.

Anyway this is just my small opinion from a very limited experience.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis