gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I increased the time to edit posts to 6 hours. I also increased the time to change thread titles to 3 hours and the time to add a poll to existing posts to 60 min.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I did a quick tally as shown by the lost below. I tired to follow the fixes and yanked some of the suggestion out but I may have missed a few.

<strike>01) can you make the quick reply box the default setting?</strike>
02) i don't know if it's my screen, but the fonts look "tall"
03) Make a favicon.ico! The default vBulletin one is horrible and generic.
04) Give us some way to hide "last infraction received." Used to be able to hide it, but now I see a big red chiclet
I received over four years ago just below my posts.
05) I'd like an option that allows us to set the quick or advanced reply to be the default. I like the advanced
one because I often embed links or images, and right now it's one more click to get there. I can understand
why others would like the quick reply to be the default, though.
<strike>06) Looks like New Posts button is gone and I used it extensively. Yes, I do see Under Quick links "Todays Posts",
but I much rather click on New Posts directly. </strike>
06b) Speaking of Pull-down menus on top - this is a minor style glitch - white box slightly overlaps some of blue bar - not sure if this is intentional...
I also do see 4 digit Thanked sliding outside of box.
<strike>07) Can we get the forum calendar straightened out now? </strike>
<strike>08) Since it's new, is there a way to put a hot key for the New Posts? Well, other stuff too, but that's what I use the most.</strike>
09) With the new layout, instead of columns for number of replies and number of views, those variables are labeled and
stacked on top of each other. I'll just put in my vote that I prefer the original way (but I don't know if you can change
it). It made it very easy for me to scan down the list and see if there were any topics with no responses, which sometimes
helped me decide what to respond to - for example, a new member who hadn't been helped, yet.
10) Also, some thread titles are being cut short on the listing of new posts.
11) Other request: it would be nice if some of the menus would show up when viewing the new posts like they used to, such as "Quick Links" and "Community".
12) Another suggestion - I'd like to have the user names in the post headers in a larger font, like you used to be. It was easier for me to read.
13) Some people's avatars don't show up on the Member List.
14) Every time I go to post a link short cut the box moves
15) Has the issue of not being able to differentiate between the threads you've posted and not posted in been raised?
16) Hybrid view box suggestion. In the old setup when browsing through the hybrid view segment just above the post the post was highlighted with a light gray box all the way from the left side to the right and included the posts in that ladder.
This new setup only shows bold the subject line which is difficult to find to see what is where when there are a lot of posts in the thread.
And it showed new posts to the thread as well.
17) Hi, Gene. Every time that I've used Search since the switch, it returns results as entire threads. So, if I'm searching for a
keyword and am looking for a specific post, I need to click on every thread listed and search that thread for the keyword until
I find it. Maybe I'm missing an option? If not, I'd love to see that fixed back to allow users to display results as threads or
individual posts. Thanks.
18) Maybe I am blind but how do I search for posts made by me (not threads opened by me) ?
19) Tweet and FB Like buttons on top of each thread look extremely out of place and distracting
20) Posts from ignore user should not be highlighted - it's kind of defeats the purpose of ignoring the user also imo these three
lines could be condensed into a single line:
21) Seeing more than and more thread pages that are unaccessable.. For example this happened in the bored thread last night where it showed
there as being another page of posts, but clicking on it just reloads the page I'm already on. Noticed it in a thread in the beginners
section this morning too.
22) Sometimes when I reply with quotes to a post, the whole page itself loads into the response box.
Guys, can someone please provide an updated list based on the above that still needs to be addressed on our forum? Our forum designer is back on the job and would like to help us out again. Thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I also do see 4 digit Thanked sliding outside of box.
Issues still exists.
19) Tweet and FB Like buttons on top of each thread look extremely out of place and distracting
I see that these buttons where redesigned (congrats on new look) and the page with lots of posts loads much faster now - Double congrats.
I still think these should be below the post and not above it

18) Maybe I am blind but how do I search for posts made by me (not threads opened by me) ?
I located this functionality in search function inside the sub-forums, but global forum search function is different?

Feature suggestion - maybe a bit better way to show member reputation score or re-adjust existing reputation labels (like "should be listened to" and them limit to top 50 members or so)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I see that these buttons where redesigned (congrats on new look)...
Agreed. Very nicely done. I admit that I never notice them and consider them just part of the landscape, but they do look a lot nicer now that they've been pointed out.

As for searching, the search function is fairly pointless anymore unless you search within a given thread. That would be a huge improvement, IMO, to get that back to where it was post-upgrade.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
As for searching, the search function is fairly pointless anymore unless you search within a given thread. That would be a huge improvement, IMO, to get that back to where it was pre-upgrade.
Unless I'm reading that wrong I'm guessing you mean pre-upgrade. :p

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As for searching, the search function is fairly pointless anymore unless you search within a given thread. That would be a huge improvement, IMO, to get that back to where it was post-upgrade.
Can you be more specific?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Can you be more specific?
Hi, Gene. I think it was mentioned before, but it's that searches of the forum in general return whole threads and not individual posts. The old search function let you select if you wanted results as threads or individual posts. It seems that now the only way to have a search return individual posts is to search within a specific thread. Perhaps I'm just missing an option?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi, Gene. I think it was mentioned before, but it's that searches of the forum in general return whole threads and not individual posts. The old search function let you select if you wanted results as threads or individual posts. It seems that now the only way to have a search return individual posts is to search within a specific thread. Perhaps I'm just missing an option?
thanks I will find out.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Adam, which search are you using? we have the search field at the top blue nav bar and the search link which is specific to the forum. The search link has the same logic as our old forum. See attached screenshot.search.jpg

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Gene! I found it now. Your screen shot helped me.

I was using the search function shown in your screen shot, but I don't think that I noticed before the tabs for "Search Single Content Type" and "Search Multiple Content Types." The default tab is the "Multiple" one, and that does not allow you to show results as either posts or threads. However, the "Single Content Type" search has a radio button at the bottom that allows you to select posts or threads, just like before. I tried that out, and it worked just like I wanted. Thanks!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks, Gene! I found it now. Your screen shot helped me.

I was using the search function shown in your screen shot, but I don't think that I noticed before the tabs for "Search Single Content Type" and "Search Multiple Content Types." The default tab is the "Multiple" one, and that does not allow you to show results as either posts or threads. However, the "Single Content Type" search has a radio button at the bottom that allows you to select posts or threads, just like before. I tried that out, and it worked just like I wanted. Thanks!
No problem. If you actually use the search box, hit the magnifying glass and you will get access to the advanced search functions too.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I see the & thing automatically becomes amp but what happens to amp if I do my own auto link? amp ... edit: well, mighty good of 'em to still allow that.

edit 2: Let's see if it works with review on it's first appearance in the post.

edit 3: Here's the normal review.

At least I know what to do should I need my posts to just be mine.

Last edited:
C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
Gene,

Overall the new website looks good but I have one major annoyance. You have scrolling banners at the top of the main page, PLEASE keep them all the same size. Currently all the text below jumps up and down each time the banner changes.

If this is a duplicate report I apologize, I did not look through all 8 pages prior to posting this.

Jim Johnson

K

Karen Molinares

Audioholics Social Media Coordinator
Gene,

Overall the new website looks good but I have one major annoyance. You have scrolling banners at the top of the main page, PLEASE keep them all the same size. Currently all the text below jumps up and down each time the banner changes.

If this is a duplicate report I apologize, I did not look through all 8 pages prior to posting this.

Jim Johnson
Thanks Jim. It's not a banner issue. It's our featured article rotator. We are working to force a fixed height to stop that problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis