Went to CES and saw the pany2000U in action

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
So after seeing that I have decided to go with a 135" 16:9 Ratio 1.2 Gain Screen in my theater.
My first row of seats start @ 12.5 feet. second row @ 15 feet & last row @ 17-18 feet. The room size is 17 wide by 26 feet deep. projector will be ceiling mounted at the 15 ft mark. According to the panasonic Rep, this set up will be Awesome!!!

We will soon see. Drywall is going up today in my new home!!!!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So after seeing that I have decided to go with a 135" 16:9 Ratio 1.2 Gain Screen in my theater.
My first row of seats start @ 12.5 feet. second row @ 15 feet & last row @ 17-18 feet. The room size is 17 wide by 26 feet deep. projector will be ceiling mounted at the 15 ft mark. According to the panasonic Rep, this set up will be Awesome!!!

We will soon see. Drywall is going up today in my new home!!!!
If I read this chart correctly, from the note the blue would be the min distance

http://s3.carltonbale.com/distance_chart.html

your first row would be too close with a very wide viewing angle. That is where the kids will be, right? :D

By the way, how was the on screen light and the rest of the goodies.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
If I read this chart correctly, from the note the blue would be the min distance

http://s3.carltonbale.com/distance_chart.html

your first row would be too close with a very wide viewing angle. That is where the kids will be, right? :D

By the way, how was the on screen light and the rest of the goodies.
Oh Yeah first row is def for the kids, I bet once you recline the front row seats all the way back, your head will be another foot and a half away from the screen!!!:):)

The Room they demo the Pany in was not 100% dark and the picture in my mine was perfect. I got goose bumps watching there demo disc. There speakers where very poor as well, But I really was not there for the sound. Man I can't wait to order my unit and install it in my HT room.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Thanks Greg, I sure hope so. I know I will cry when I hear it fire up and feel the earth move from the Ref, subs!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis