Weird camera near my house

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I was hiking around my place today and there’s an antenna farm near me. Saw some thing very weird and I’m wondering if anybody knows what it is. Looks like a camera of some sort and on the back. It says Google but I can’t read the rest.9C7104B6-4180-46CB-B8FA-9C81F7132279.jpeg
9C7104B6-4180-46CB-B8FA-9C81F7132279.jpeg

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's not a camera. Based on its looks and the "Google" label, I assume this is a Wireless backhaul cell for Google Fiber Internet service. Another bit I recognize is the pair of thin yellow cables are long-distance fiber data cables.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I was hiking around my place today and there’s an antenna farm near me. Saw some thing very weird and I’m wondering if anybody knows what it is. Looks like a camera of some sort and on the back. It says Google but I can’t read the rest.View attachment 59828
Black helicopter operations and neighborhood spying. ;):D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While someone likely should be watching you, doubt anyone is :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Most likely Fi

Maybe, but Fi is a T-mobile MVNO. Well, it uses US Cellular too, but mostly Tmo. I used to have it, but coverage in my area is a joke so I had to go to Verizon. I hate my bill, but I can't complain about the service.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've just noticed that the smaller white "stick" to the left that has its little mounting sub-stand has a "U" logo on its back, clearly making it a Ubiquiti product of sorts, likely in the AirMax range, but I can't find the exact back in its range.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you want to know more, then post it on reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing can 100% identify this, down to a guy who installed it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is probably not Google's tower, just some of their gear on there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis