We review it, you win it- Monoprice MP-65RT bookshelf speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Monoprice wants to know what direction you would like to see them take, and they offering you the chance to win the MP-65RT speakers that we reviewed to hear what you have to say.

The MP-65RT speakers prove that speaker manufacturers do not have to spend a fortune to make a good speaker, as we found in our recent review. Good loudspeaker design makes the MP-65RT a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

For more information about these speakers, please take a look here:

To enter the Giveaway, simply make a reply to this post where you state what kind of products from Monoprice.com that you would like to see in the future!

> Entry must be received BEFORE 8/03/18 at 11:59 PM EST <

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

The Monoprice MP-65RT bookshelf speakers are a great entry point into good sound. These unassuming bookshelf speakers managed to produce imaging that far belied their modest price point. They are a sealed design using a 6.5" woofer and a narrow planar tweeter. This combination creates a unexpectedly broad rich soundstage and crystal clear treble. While one might think the planar tweeter is the star of this show, a rare component on speakers that cost even twice this pricing, we were most impressed by the woofer's intrinsically controlled behavior in the absence of a low-pass filter; this is how you make a budget speaker! Read our review of the Monoprice MP-65RT bookshelf Speakers to learn more!

Enter now! We are looking forward to seeing what ideas you can bring to Monoprice's attention!

PRIZE: Monoprice MP-65RT Bookshelf Speaker Pair
(Retail value: $49.99)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Prize to be sent to winner between August to September 2018 by Monoprice. Remember also that these are review units and not completely new "out of the box" speakers.

RULES: To enter, simply reply to this forum post with an explanation of a product or direction that you would like to see from Monoprice. Only one reply per user will be considered, so multiple replies will not increase the odds of winning. Posters will be assigned numbers, and the winner will be selected by a random number generator. Only one entry is accepted for the contest. * Don’t wait, the entry period ends August 03, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST!

For more information about these speakers, please take a look here:

*Winner must be U.S. resident, 18 years old or older with valid email address.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
A full range/floor standing version of this speaker or the K-BAS would be awesome!

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
I’d like to see more basic low priced speakers with solid engineering. Offer more speaker for the dollar than other entry level offerings. Something similar to what Dayton Audio did recently but in a larger format.

I’d also like to see some high value subs. Engineering like I’m the new monolith series but using cheaper components and enclosures at a lower price point.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'd like to see some more high efficiency/pro audio type speakers :)

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I have always used Monoprice for video cables and been very pleased. From a speaker perspective, providing a 5.X.4 "high value set" would be nice.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Low cost speakers at the $50 range are a solid idea, but I think something maybe 1 step up from these would be a better idea. I'd like to see what these could do with an actual x-over and maybe some cabinet upgrades but keeping it under $100.

Last edited:
D

Dan Maldonado

Enthusiast
I would love to see an 11 channel or more AVR or amplifier that decodes all the newer sound formats.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Love momoprice for their great cables and speakers. Would love to see more high quality speakers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

L

laranje

Audiophyte
Low cost speakers at the $100 range are a solid idea, but I think something maybe one step up from these would be a better idea. I'd like to see some cabinet upgrades but keeping it under $200. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
A true bookshelf speaker around $199 a pair -- with a real crossover and stronger cabinet

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see floorstanding speakers like the days of old, containing 1-2 12" drivers or a 15" driver that can negate the need for external subwoofers. Cerwin Vega and a few others still make them but their frequency response is pretty pathetic.

Not everyone wants a scrawny little floorstander, and some of us have good women who will put up with a sizeable cabinet.

Perhaps the ability to bi-wire would be nice too.

D

dpuopolo

Audiophyte
I would like to see an under 100 dollar pair of planar headphones.

Kevin S

Kevin S

Audioholic Intern
Like those stated above,a more upgraded version of these with a true x-over,nicer cabs and maybe a matching center.Monoprice has always provided quality for your dollar and I'm sure they can produce a solid product while keeping price reasonable for all.

L

LeisureAvidHiFier

Audiophyte
“an explanation of a product or direction that you would like to see from Monoprice.”

I think Monoprice has come a long way with their in house audio products and I applaud them for creating and bringing more choice for us consumers. I would like them to explore possibly creating music streamers and renders that are more affordable than many current offerings in the market. It would also be neat if they could take an interest in SBC products or small board computer add-on products that are compatible to SBCs like Raspberry Pi including DAC hats, amps, cases.

J

joyshubhra

Audiophyte
I would like to see Monoprice designing and manufacturing more of these affordable and responsive speakers and some quality subwoofers in future.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I'd like Monoprice to upgrade the quality of some of its offerings, and offer a long wearing Bluetooth over the ear noise cancelling headphones => that are second to none sound wise, at a good price point.

I've bought all kinds of audio stuff from Monoprice and have been satisfied with it everytime.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd like to see a better design of the speaker boxes. It's getting a bit tiring seeing the same boxy designs. Also in at least two to three different colors would be insanely cool.

M

Matt G.

Audiophyte
I'd like to see a small desktop amplifier from Monoprice, I think it would make for great pairing with speakers like these.

R

Raylon

Audiophyte
Would love to see a cheaper version of the home theatre amps. The Monolith series is nice but pricey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis