Wayne Gretzky, the not so great one

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How did you come up with that conclusion? Bet its longer than 4000 years, too. Or is it more a canadian thing for this thread? Have you seen what the nfl has done to encourage gambling at the stadiums for murica's current favorite game?
You went for the 'It's an American thing"- why doesn't anyone look at Europe as the source for American bad behavior and habits, since that's where the Colonists and so many others came from?

I looked it up and a gambling site showed roughly 4000 years- I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

Screw the NFL and gambling- raking in money by taking advantage of peoples' weaknesses is a terrible thing.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The Feds abolished tobaco and liquor adds because of related health issues but the "brains" havent made the connection that gambling is as a powerful addiction as nicotine and comes with it, its own host of health issues. The company responsible for the gambling site is hoping that using a sports figure somehow legitimizes them to the public eye. I see Gretzky for what he has become, a cheap dimestore hooker who will pimp his ass out for his next fix of "blow".
Liquor ads are all over TV now.

Would the commercial have been more acceptable if it were a female? Gretzky hasn't played hockey since 1999.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You went for the 'It's an American thing"- why doesn't anyone look at Europe as the source for American bad behavior and habits, since that's where the Colonists and so many others came from?

I looked it up and a gambling site showed roughly 4000 years- I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

Screw the NFL and gambling- raking in money by taking advantage of peoples' weaknesses is a terrible thing.
I know what's happened here in murica during my lifetime, not so much the others (where we've gone from some activity in Nevada to everywhere, at least "legally"). I'll agree that the european background has lots to do with our various bad habits and traits. I still would think people have been wagering for longer than 4000 years. Not only the audio business, but all sorts, takes advantage of peoples' weaknesses....

highfigh

highfigh

I know what's happened here in murica during my lifetime, not so much the others (where we've gone from some activity in Nevada to everywhere, at least "legally"). I'll agree that the european background has lots to do with our various bad habits and traits. I still would think people have been wagering for longer than 4000 years. Not only the audio business, but all sorts, takes advantage of peoples' weaknesses....
How often do you talk to insurance agents?

Why did you use the audio business as an example? There are far worse. Used car dealers and the financial industry come to my mind long before the snake oil peddlers in AV.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
For some, gambling is an addiction. For others it is entertainment just like anything else. It all comes down to money.

highfigh

highfigh

For some, gambling is an addiction. For others it is entertainment just like anything else. It all comes down to money.
And as an addiction, I have heard that it's one of the hardest to kick.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I tell ya there is a lot worst on TV that gambling adds.. The vulgarity these days. The culture is becoming more depraved, less moral, and more senseless, so what once was considered inappropriate for TV is now becoming accepted ... It seems like the only F-bomb shelters left are TV-PG programs on streaming services and broadcast television in general — though, viewers there often get bleeped-out F-words or creative substitutes. (NBC’s “The Good Place” was particularly good at this.) . Music well, RAP CRAP on TV with suggestive dance, great for a 4 or 5 year old to watch. And the violence, bulling, gun violence . You pretty much have to send your children or grandkids into another room and find some decent TV show for them to watch. IT all starts at home. Shame what this country has become. Almost like a land without any morals.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis