WarnerMedia/HBO Max Plan, Will it Kill Theaters & Do We Even Care?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That HBO Max app isn’t usable on fire tv. if you try to rewind it hoses up

It works great on AppleTV though.

I’m going to subscribe to it thru Hulu app when it’s trial period ends soon. My showtime works good thru Hulu App on both FireTV and Apple TV so hoping HBO max will. :)
These app devs have to get it together. That's a mess.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
True that WB is all over it, but ATT is still the big dog at HBO Max. Their crappy app signature is all over it. "Look, a flashy interface that isn't useful, neat huh?"
It's my understanding they rushed it to market by trying simply to adopt the also poor HBO GO app with some tweaks. Either way I also really don't care for this interface either, but I've read a few recent articles about thier completely reworking it this year and will have the new one rolled out in the next 8-12 months. Because sure, why not wait a year to fix and then take a year to fix...

BTW I especially hate the floodlight bright white lettering that never fades with pause feature. In 4K if you want to pause to read or just appreciate a scene it's just a buzz kill. But it's not the worst. Several app have crap pause function visually. For all the people who go to great pains to make production items or documents in films that folks. Like me enjoy pausing to read or admire, these obtrusive pause features annoy the hell out of me. There should be a standard industry wide.

Then again maybe I've taken my own pet peeve a bit too far and nobody else cares. Yup, that's it

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
True that WB is all over it, but ATT is still the big dog at HBO Max. Their crappy app signature is all over it. "Look, a flashy interface that isn't useful, neat huh?"
I kinda hate wb for killing off the justice league sequels and syniderverse , is hbo max worth $15 a month or w/ e it cost . I already have Netflix and it seems to have plenty to watch ..

The unicorn is wb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
I kinda hate wb for killing off the justice league sequels and syniderverse , is hbo max worth $15 a month or w/ e it cost . I already have Netflix and it seems to have plenty to watch ..

The unicorn is wb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I wasn't sure if it was worth it either. I have Netflix, Prime and Hulu so I really didn't expect to keep it much past the trial version. But I have to tell you the catalog is HUGE, and impressively deep, and that's not even counting all the new acquisitions I'm expecting from WB when fully integrated.

I also have to say with the TCM hub and other portals that I've watched a crap ton more than I expected. I could easily get lost in the great HBO Series and WB catalog for days. If you have the trial dig in before you decide to drop. If you haven't tried it yet I'd ha e to recommend it.

Yeah the app sucks on all streaming services, but now the connections are stable and it's definitely trial worthy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis