Wall mounts for wireless rear speakers

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
We are moving into our first apartment following retirement. I am planning to set-up Home Cinema systems in the lounge and master bedroom. After carefully researching on what we want, I have decided on both sets of kit. They will be based around Samsung HW-Q90R (lounge) and Sony HF-ZF9 Soundbar with SA-9ZR wireless rear speakers (bedroom).

SWMBO will not allow rear speaker stands in the lounge and in the bedroom they are not possible anyway. Therefore, I have to go for wall mounts and based on information and reviews, am considering Peerless SPK811 wall mounts for both sets of rear speakers. Can someone tell me if there will be significant loss of audio quality if I use them? (I am having everything installed professionally)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would there be a loss of sound quality due to the mount if well positioned? Rear speaker seems to be a misnomer if the bar is 3.1, and for 5.1 the surrounds would normally be placed more to the side, perhaps slightly behind (rear surrounds come into play with 7.1 setups). See this guideline https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/surround-sound-speaker-setup/5-1-setup.html

I'd worry more about the quality of the speaker....or the SWMBO factor.

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
I'd worry more about the quality of the speaker....or the SWMBO factor.
In the lounge the 'rear' speakers will be more or less exactly where your guide link shows. In the bedroom almost to the side of the head end but if we are sitting-up in bed watching TV, the relative positions of the speakers to our heads will also be almost similar.

As for the quality of the speakers, the Samsung package comes with them; with the Sony, they are not standard but dedicated to that particular soundbar. SWMBO is a Sony fan and every piece of kit we are buying for the Master Bedroom, including the wireless headphones, is a Sony. I am even considering having "SONY" tattooed somewhere on me so that I can win concessions during arguments. Anyway, she's paying for the Master Bedroom setup.

On the flipside, the lounge setup is my domain, as will be the 'listening room' in the converted loft room where I plan to install the Marantz CD6006 with Onkyo Stereo speakers and also place my turntable and vinyl collection there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis