M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
I called both HSU and SVS.I have a budget of about 800 and room about 3500 cu feet.Hsu suggested the VTF 3 MK 3 for on sale price of 730 total.SVS recomended the PB12 NSD for a total of about 665.Has anyone had experience with one or both of these speakers.I really want to pick one in the next day or so.Which is my best bet?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I called both HSU and SVS.I have a budget of about 800 and room about 3500 cu feet.Hsu suggested the VTF 3 MK 3 for on sale price of 730 total.SVS recomended the PB12 NSD for a total of about 665.Has anyone had experience with one or both of these speakers.I really want to pick one in the next day or so.Which is my best bet?
I have owned both of these subs. However, that size of room would benefit from two subs imho. That is, you could not go wrong either way. If you do not have the funds for two of these units, then I would perhaps save up some more money until you have enough to get a more capable sub. Hope this helps and good luck in your decision.

Cheers,

Phil

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
both hsu and svs said that each model was totally capable in my size of room

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
both hsu and svs said that each model was totally capable in my size of room
Capable-yes! But, will it be enough is a much better question. My former room was a little smaller than yours and a single 3.3 or PB12-NSD was NOT enough for me. However, it may be for you as we all have different expectations. As I eluded to earlier, you could NOT go wrong with either one. Hopefully, that will be enough bass for YOU. After all, that is really all that matters-right? Good luck in your decision.

Cheers,

Phil

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I have a smaller room, ~1500 cu ft but I'm using the merest fraction of my VTF 3.3's power.

Jim

B

blued888

Audioholic
You can't go wrong with either. How about dual PB10-NSDs? Would be going above your budget though.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have a smaller room, ~1500 cu ft but I'm using the merest fraction of my VTF 3.3's power.

Jim
Jim, my listening area was about 1500 ft.^3, but the room was open to several other areas. More or less, it was an open floor-plan if you will. The 3.3did a good job no doubt, but I needed more of what it was doing. The same holds true of the PB12-NSD. Duals in a room the op's size would be much better imho. Heck, I am using dual Outlaw LFM-1 Pluses in my little ht room which is only 706 ft.^3. Needless to say, it is quite impressive-if not down right crazy!!!! ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You can't go wrong with either. How about dual PB10-NSDs? Would be going above your budget though.
Dual PB10-NSD's would be splendid!!!! Another good recommendation here. The OP may also want to go check out the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus or the LFM-1 EX. Lots of bang for your buck imho.

Cheers,

Phil

B

blued888

Audioholic
Dual PB10-NSD's would be splendid!!!! Another good recommendation here. The OP may also want to go check out the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus or the LFM-1 EX. Lots of bang for your buck imho.

Cheers,

Phil
Saw that he has a 3500 cu. ft. room so I thought that having dual subs would be nice to better fill the room with bass. :D

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
Thanks to all that helped.I ordered the SVS PB12-NSD today.I saved a little money over the HSU and that makes the wife happy.We all like happy wives!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks to all that helped.I ordered the SVS PB12-NSD today.I saved a little money over the HSU and that makes the wife happy.We all like happy wives!
Congrats! Glad your wife is happy!:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats for making a well-informed decision!!!! Now be sure to remember that SVS has awesome customer service. Perhaps, you will get the chance to see for yourself. Kudos to you for keeping the wife happy.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis