Voting On Tuesday ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey let's do our civic duty and vote, many shed blood and lost lives so we can have this privilege.

And for you Florida Audioholics, please don't vote yes for Crist's real state tax proposal, it'll negate our 3% tax cap, so any gains made by tax burden carry over will be gone at the back door. Right now we can't have our real estate taxes raised more than 3% per year, with this new proposal two or three years from now if the government decides they need to raise taxes they'll have a 10% ceiling, do this twice or thrice and we're back to square one. And once raised no one will lower them to what they previously were.

But PLEASE VOTE, it's the least we can do for our servicemen and servicewomen.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Hey let's do our civic duty and vote, many shed blood and lost lives so we can have this privilege.

And for you Florida Audioholics, please don't vote yes for Crist's real state tax proposal, it'll negate our 3% tax cap, so any gains made by tax burden carry over will be gone at the back door. Right now we can't have our real estate taxes raised more than 3% per year, with this new proposal two or three years from now if the government decides they need to raise taxes they'll have a 10% ceiling, do this twice or thrice and we're back to square one. And once raised no one will lower them to what they previously were.

Ditto strat.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Relax and back in the cave with ya. Current polls indicate 51 % approval well below the 60% necessary.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Yep, if one doesn't vote, they have no standing to complain :D

And, as you indicated, once that property tax rate is in place, better believe that the tax will go up and next to impossible to lower.:eek:

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
On Feb 5th is California's turn.

This is a pretty high impact presentation of the effect of excessive immigration on the US – not even counting illegal immigration. I think this is becoming a larger part of my concern when evaluating the platform of a political candidate. It is not a simple or easy issue to solve, but it must not be allowed to slide out of control. No matter where you stand on the issue, this is a MUST SEE video! It's 9.5 minutes long.

This is interesting... wait 'till you get to the gum balls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ&mode=related&search

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yep, if one doesn't vote, they have no standing to complain :D
I like George Carlin's take on it better. "Since I didn't vote, I DO have the right to complain. I didn't vote that shmuck in office, you did."

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Relax and back in the cave with ya. Current polls indicate 51 % approval well below the 60% necessary.
Man I hope you're right, talk about a Trojan Horse being dangled in front of the uninformed. I can't believe Crist has done a 180 from his pre gov. days! My friend was up at the capitol, he said it was crawling with lobbiests and special interst groups not wanting to change the tax laws, just about every city has a highly paid lobbiest trying to make things go their way, he said it was sickening, its as if these cities are in bloodlust and can't give up the high taxes, we had one city down here (I can't remember name now, close to North Miami Beach) that had a half BILLION dollar surplus due to real estate taxes!:eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Vote NO to Amendment 1

It actually does worse than you think, Stratman.
It cuts the income of all forms of local government in Florida and drastically limits how they can make it up. The hardest hit will be the services directly paid for with property taxes: schools, parks, police, fire, streets, etc.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/NEWS01/801140331/-1/taxdivide

And even if it passes there is already a group that will challenge it's US Constitutionality. From what I here the State of Florida was already warned by their own consultants, that if it passes they will lose any legal challenge. Thereby costing more in legal fees and retributions.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Man I hope you're right, talk about a Trojan Horse being dangled in front of the uninformed. I can't believe Crist has done a 180 from his pre gov. days! My friend was up at the capitol, he said it was crawling with lobbiests and special interst groups not wanting to change the tax laws, just about every city has a highly paid lobbiest trying to make things go their way, he said it was sickening, its as if these cities are in bloodlust and can't give up the high taxes, we had one city down here (I can't remember name now, close to North Miami Beach) that had a half BILLION dollar surplus due to real estate taxes!:eek:
Hey Strat, you guys are sounding more and more like NJ.
Except we never allow a surplus to exist more than 10 seconds.:rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

Actually, we're worse. We have no state income tax. It's against our state constitution.

But property values went up between 100% to 200% in some areas in just a couple years. Now the market values are dropping back down. Not quite to sane levels, but lower. The housing market in Florida is hurting.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Now I remember! Aventura, a little piss-ant township cobbled between North Miami Beach and Golden Beach.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I like George Carlin's take on it better. "Since I didn't vote, I DO have the right to complain. I didn't vote that shmuck in office, you did."
Yes, but you can complain the same way if you did vote for the other guy who lost. :D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I usually only vote in presidential election years. I simply don't know enough about the local and state candidates to make an informed decision.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I am voting hell no on Amendment 1, for the aforementioned reasons. So yes, I will certainly be taking advantage of our fought-for privilege to get out there and cast my ballot, as Stratman so poignantly stated - there are those who died to give us this right.

It's sad when people choose to ignore it, and waste the opportunity that others have fought so hard for, and instead take everything they have for granted. :(

It actually does worse than you think, Stratman.
It cuts the income of all forms of local government in Florida and drastically limits how they can make it up. The hardest hit will be the services directly paid for with property taxes: schools, parks, police, fire, streets, etc.
There's good and bad. Anytime a government entity complains about loss of tax revenues I rejoice (means they get less from us - sorry major) but I can't help but agree that pulling the 3% cap is a ridiculous thing to do.

They WILL get their money. My guess is they are simply shuffling the board, and if tons of people migrate homes and use the portability, then the rates will simply fly up to compensate.

NO ONE is talking about reducing gov't budgets as they should. THAT is the way to reduce property taxes. Just limit the ability to increase them and cut the rates.

Somehow WE are supposed to be able to do with less (more taxes), but the government can't?

I think I'll vote 'no' just so they have to go back to the drawing board.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
NO ONE is talking about reducing gov't budgets as they should. THAT is the way to reduce property taxes. Just limit the ability to increase them and cut the rates.
Let's start by dramatically slashing the military budget, which is where most of the money is wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis