highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, we have a backup in case of cell towers going out in an emergency. Yes, an expensive backup over time and it too might go down eventually. Still on the chopping block.
I don't want it transferred to cell as most don't leave message, so it is a nuisance call.
Has the cell service failed at the same time as your internet? Obviously, it could happen, but if it does, I doubt your landline will work. I connect my phone to WiFi as soon as I return home, mainly for speed, but it tended to work better here than the cell tower because it was on the backside of a raised RR track bed and I would drop calls while sitting on my sofa when I used ATT or Consumer Cellular, with ATT as my provider. Just about anyone who wanted to contact me had my cell number as well as my landline, so I recorded a message stating that as of a certain date, the landline would be shut off but I did forward my calls for about 6 months.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Has the cell service failed at the same time as your internet? Obviously, it could happen, but if it does, I doubt your landline will work. I connect my phone to WiFi as soon as I return home, mainly for speed, but it tended to work better here than the cell tower because it was on the backside of a raised RR track bed and I would drop calls while sitting on my sofa when I used ATT or Consumer Cellular, with ATT as my provider. Just about anyone who wanted to contact me had my cell number as well as my landline, so I recorded a message stating that as of a certain date, the landline would be shut off but I did forward my calls for about 6 months.
Not sure where phone company gets its 50V for their lines but in the past it worked when power was out here, before we had cell phones. Since cell, not sure if we lost it when power went out. Yes, all is one of those probability things. But I see an ending of our landline.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Interesting, having recently returned from Wi (weekend before last) I saw plenty of both Harris and Trump in the Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Elkhart Lake area.

Fond memories of days in Monroe, Wi handling the holiday shipping needs for Swiss Colony. A friend, who at the time was a QC manager at the Janesville plant where the 'Top Kick' and Suburbans were built gave me a grand tour one year back in the eighties. I actually witnessed a Suburban coming down the line and the workers mistakenly putting Chevy trim on one side and GMC on the other !
lol, My wife's sister retired in the Janesville plant after 30 years. The closin is nowg had the right timing. My son had 17 years in at Lear, that made the seats, when shut down. He does okay and is Warehouse Mgr, for a major electrical contractor in Madison, with 2 satellites, for 15 years. I didn't mean to steel this thread.

There aren't any cars in Janesville, WI., with campaign stickers. I think many of the Rightest folks will take offense and damage property? or vise versa. You don't know these days. There is so much HATE with the Republicans, with the Rightest lying with false information. Yet we have Trumpy followers. I predict, there will be thousands of
Republicans switching over to Harris, and the questionable states electoral votes will be for Harris. Same goes for the Independents. I predict that the mass population votes will go to Harrris...Big Time.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

lol, My wife's sister retired in the Janesville plant after 30 years. The closin is nowg had the right timing. My son had 17 years in at Lear, that made the seats, when shut down. He does okay and is Warehouse Mgr, for a major electrical contractor in Madison, with 2 satellites, for 15 years. I didn't mean to steel this thread.

There aren't any cars in Janesville, WI., with campaign stickers. I think many of the Rightest folks will take offense and damage property? or vise versa. You don't know these days. There is so much HATE with the Republicans, with the Rightest lying with false information. Yet we have Trumpy followers. I predict, there will be thousands of
Republicans switching over to Harris, and the questionable states electoral votes will be for Harris. Same goes for the Independents. I predict that the mass population votes will go to Harrris...Big Time.
A lot is riding on the election this year. Let's hope not too many will cut off nose to spite face. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis