Vlike VL6708 digital sound level meter

• Thread starter SACTOWNS_FINEST
  • Start date
SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern
Vlike sound level meter. Besides using c weighted and slow what other settings should I be using because the meter just bounces around and I can't get a solid 75.0db or close to it. I have no fans or anything else running and no one is home any suggestions

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
How much is the variable?

It’s normal for a meter not to be rock-steady. You might try taking it into a closet full of clothes and close the door. If the meter is more stable in there, then you’re missing something at the location you’re talking about.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern

It’s normal for a meter not to be rock-steady. You might try taking it into a closet full of clothes and close the door. If the meter is more stable in there, then you’re missing something at the location you’re talking about.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
But I do have to set my receiver master volume to 0.0db then run my avr test tone

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
It's usually around 68.6 to 78.5 and in between

SACTOWNS_FINEST

SACTOWNS_FINEST

Audioholic Intern
Besides c weighted and slow there's also arrow down and up which I've tried putting it up to be 70.0db to 130db

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
It's usually around 68.6 to 78.5 and in between
That’s a pretty severe variation, and extremely high. Typically it’s only a 3-4 dB variation in the 60 dB range. There must be something going on in or outside your building that’s generating high levels of low frequencies. Either that or your meter is defective.

… there's also arrow down and up which I've tried putting it up to be 70.0db to 130db
If you don’t know the purpose of that function, it tells me you haven’t read the manual for the meter. That would be a good place to start.

I assume you’re trying to adjust speaker levels? With the amount of “rogue” low frequency issues going on there, the only option is to do it with the meter set for “A” weighting. You’ll have to adjust the subwoofer level (if you have one) by ear.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis