Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Just picked one of these up today off CL for $400. I’ve always wanted one but they’ve become very difficult to find. I do have to say the HDR and Dolby Vision color vibrancy is incredible. I understand it’s a dated TV but I’m coming from a TCL R6 2018 55” so this is night and day for me. Any of you guys have any tips? I’m looking at splitting the cost of a Calman HDR2000 setup with 3 friends and I figure whenever I upgrade it would certainly come in handy. One of them just recently became ISF certified so I feel like he would advise me in terms of the heavy lifting. I see so many people just cut and paste RTings settings and they call it “calibrated” which just seems wildly incorrect.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just picked one of these up today off CL for $400. I’ve always wanted one but they’ve become very difficult to find. I do have to say the HDR and Dolby Vision color vibrancy is incredible. I understand it’s a dated TV but I’m coming from a TCL R6 2018 55” so this is night and day for me. Any of you guys have any tips? I’m looking at splitting the cost of a Calman HDR2000 setup with 3 friends and I figure whenever I upgrade it would certainly come in handy. One of them just recently became ISF certified so I feel like he would advise me in terms of the heavy lifting. I see so many people just cut and paste RTings settings and they call it “calibrated” which just seems wildly incorrect.
Congrats!!.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Not sure about the Calman HDR2000 how it works but what about the Datacolor SPyderX ? There is five models ranging from affordable to $500.

Anywho I have the Vizio PX65-G1 and am pretty happy with it as well. Its the 2019 model. It had its bugs but seems Vizio updates have fixed them. I have yet to calibrate but went the super cheap route and bought a HD DVD that is supposed to helps calibrate using some color film filters. IDK I started looking at it and put it to the side for another day when ive got much more time to spend.

Good luck

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
To be totally honest guys I am very much a novice in terms of tv calibration and the HDR2020 was recommended by a friend who’s actively involved in the industry. Since this post I’ve taken some suggestions and found some great alternatives including the X-Rite and the Spyder X.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
If you want to go super budget get: DVE digital video essentials HD basics. Think it was $20

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis