Vizio 46" 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos sound bar

oldtoysnewplastic

oldtoysnewplastic

Audiophyte
I recently purchased Vizio's new sound bar that supports Dolby Atmos (SB46514-F6), and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to set-up my system is.

I also have a 65" LG OLED (65B6P),and I'm trying to maintain 4K HDR @60fps, while also routing Dolby Atmos to the sound bar.

It is my understanding that Atmos requires HDMI, and is not compatible over optical.

My initial thought is to route my devices to the TV, then arc audio over to the soundbar via HDMI, but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. I feel I may have also received a lot of misinformation via product reviews and other sources, and I'm just looking for some kind of guidance/confirmation of what the best way to achieve this is.

Also, if anyone has any recommended HDMI cables that support 4K HDR @60fps (along with Atmos) that's about 10' (bonus points if it's slim),I would be super grateful.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate any and all advice you have to share.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure I'd worry about atmos with any soundbar. I can kinda see the .2 front height channels working gimmicky, but not the rear 2. For hdmi cables check out monoprice.com. what are your 4k sources?

Curious as to why traditional speakers were not considered.

oldtoysnewplastic

oldtoysnewplastic

Audiophyte
Source is primarily an Apple TV 4K. Should be a pretty easy set up. Currently I have HDMI to the TV, and optical from the tv to the sound bar (different sound bar), but like I said, I don’t think optical will work for the new one. I suppose I’m trying to also figure out whether it’s better to hdmi to the bar, and then the tv, or straight to the tv and arc out to the bar.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Source is primarily an Apple TV 4K. Should be a pretty easy set up. Currently I have HDMI to the TV, and optical from the tv to the sound bar (different sound bar), but like I said, I don’t think optical will work for the new one. I suppose I’m trying to also figure out whether it’s better to hdmi to the bar, and then the tv, or straight to the tv and arc out to the bar.
Typically to the bar, then display. ARC can be stubborn sometimes

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If ARC doesn’t work with new Monoprice HDMI cables, it’s not the cable. These are affordable and dependable.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Monoprice rocks!!!. I have the slim high speed hdmi, toslink and rca for the subwoofer. Have verizon fios 300/300 mbps service but since buying a monoprice cat 8 cable my throughput is consistently 350 to 400 mbps! Who knows, dont ask me. Lmao.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis