vizio 42" LCD Speaker Noise/Hum-anyone else?

C

cesna151

Audiophyte
My second Vizio. First one had a hum from top rear of set. This one has a hum from the speakers on the front of the set. No hum from 5.1 speakers. No hum if I disconnect the lines leading into the Vizio speakers. Tried different AC outlets, no joy. Home is new, grounded outlets. Anyone else having this trouble and what was your solution? Last resort will be to take it back and get a third one.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
cesna151 said:
My second Vizio. First one had a hum from top rear of set. This one has a hum from the speakers on the front of the set. No hum from 5.1 speakers. No hum if I disconnect the lines leading into the Vizio speakers. Tried different AC outlets, no joy. Home is new, grounded outlets. Anyone else having this trouble and what was your solution? Last resort will be to take it back and get a third one.
Before you return it, another experiment is in order:p
While your tv is on and running, and the hum is audible, unplug the tv cable to it, not the power cable, and see if the hum is still there. If it goes away, you have a typical ground loop issue and this should solve it:

http://www.cencom94.com/gpage.html8.html

C

cesna151

Audiophyte
Thank you, but unfortunately I've done that. Also disconnected feed lines from peripheral equipment (DVD,CD,Tape) and have tried power lines from other outlets.

Should I switch to another brand???

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
cesna151 said:
Thank you, but unfortunately I've done that. Also disconnected feed lines from peripheral equipment (DVD,CD,Tape) and have tried power lines from other outlets.

Should I switch to another brand???

OK. Now it might sound like a mechanical buzz, not electric. Speakers not well secured and rattles. I would replace it with another brand. Who knows what you problems you will get from a third one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis