KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The Kinks "Arthur (or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire)" from 1969. Great Kinks LP.
I've got 3 or 4 albums from The Kinks, and saw them in concert up here in the southern New England (USA) area 4 time back in the 70's and 80's.

That's one I'll have to keep an eye open for to add to my collection. :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I've got 3 or 4 albums from The Kinks, and saw them in concert up here in the southern New England (USA) area 4 time back in the 70's and 80's.

That's one I'll have to keep an eye open for to add to my collection. :)
Very cool! I have vascilated from "Lola Vs. Powerman" and "Schoolboys in Disgrace" as my favs. But "Arthur" is up their as one of their best and it sounds amazing on my system. I have seen YT ranking videos of Kinks albums and Arthur ends up very high or on top.
I saw them three times in the mid-to late 70's. One time Dave Davies was so drunk, he tried to give a guitar away to a gal in the front row at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis. Two roadies ran out to the edge of the stage to retrieve it.
oh, I have 12 or 13 Kinks albums. I like Low Budget, Sleepwalker and Misfits a lot too. Schoolboys in Disgrace for me goes back to about the time it came out. Love that album a lot.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
This arrived today, which is awesome. But why in the heck are they plastering the hype sticker on the cover? Grrr! Why not on the shrink wrap?

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
This arrived today, which is awesome. But why in the heck are they plastering the hype sticker on the cover? Grrr! Why not on the shrink wrap?
That sticker does suck not being on the shrink wrap but that's my favorite Zep album.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder how they arrived at that percentage? I would love to see the stats behind those proclamations.
LOL like many such "statistics" are gathered? I just thought it interesting and not particularly surprising either....

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I wonder how they arrived at that percentage? I would love to see the stats behind those proclamations.
I believe that statistic...even though kids love records, they listen to music on their phones.
My girlfriends two daughters (24 and 29) went to the record store yesterday.
Bought around six albums between the two of them.

Neither of them has an audio system...at all, none..zero..zip.
Yet alone a record player.
They have their phones, and that's all they really care about.
The records are conversation pieces to them.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I got an original issue of the Stones' "Some Girls" today. Described acccurately as VG+. It is actually better. One spindle trail is all I can detect. If you know this record, the cover is die cut (also censored after the original issue), so the inner sleeve is key to the cover. Well this is missing the inner, but it was described that way, so it's fine. Got a fabulous deal that way on Discogs. Discogs posts photos of entire covers, sleeves, labels etc. So, I am going to attempt to print out and make my own my own inner. Have to crop each section, because no one can print 12 x 12 unless you want to pay huge $ somewhere. It should work out on my $79 printer, if the size cooperates. I am pretty sure I can make it work.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I got an original issue of the Stones' "Some Girls" today. Described acccurately as VG+. It is actually better. One spindle trail is all I can detect. If you know this record, the cover is die cut (also censored after the original issue), so the inner sleeve is key to the cover. Well this is missing the inner, but it was described that way, so it's fine. Got a fabulous deal that way on Discogs. Discogs posts photos of entire covers, sleeves, labels etc. So, I am going to attempt to print out and make my own my own inner. Have to crop each section, because no one can print 12 x 12 unless you want to pay huge $ somewhere. It should work out on my $79 printer, if the size cooperates. I am pretty sure I can make it work.
Looks like I got the sizing close on the first section. Now just need to align them a little better. But my printer prints too faint.

Attachments

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I was just listening to Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs and Englishmen, the great song by Leon Russel, "Delta Lady" and I heard a distinct female b/u singer's voice that I knew for sure I also heard on the Concert for Bangla Desh. I think during Leon's set, which made sense since Leon was Cocker's music director for the Mad Dogs tour. So after some checking, I nailed the voice down to Claudia Linnear. Who I also found out she is said to be the inspiration for the Stones' "Brown Sugar".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis