Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
I have a set of vintage 1978 7 mk ll speakers all original , i have had the foam seals replaced on the 12 in drivers but thats all thats been done, speakers and crossovers came with the boxes in 78, the boxes are sound and in great shape , the vinyl veneer is in good condition, no peeling ,,scuffed around some edges ,,

Attachments

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Davidray44 Sorry, but don't take it wrong way, but I am trying to help you out and I have few comments and suggestions
First good news : You included somewhat decent description and also added a photo

Now for the bad news: The attached photo is a complete disaster - it's made by really bad (tablet?) camera and low lighting doesn't help either. It's totally blurry and out of focus.

Get as much light as possible into the room and redo the photo with a better camera(if available) if you want to get more than few bucks for these (i'm sure good) speakers.

Write better description regarding cosmetic condition. "great working" is not enough. Not nearly.

And last one is most important, AH typically focuses on Home theater audio and video, not so much on vintage stuff. Your best bet is to redo the listing and post it on audiokarma forums.

btw: SmartPhone cameras can take good photos - I took this one with my old Galaxy S4 and AH (with my permission) decided it's good enough to be published
http://www.audioholics.com/trade-shows/audioholics-2012-gtg-report/20121027_123418_DxO.jpg/image_view_fullscreen

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Good advice from BSA.
For something like these vintage speakers, the cosmetic condition is a huge factor in what they will bring, so if they are in good condition, get the best photos you can and describe any blemishes. A buyer needs confidence that there won't be any surprises when he unpacks them, and if it is obvious that you are thorough, they will have that confidence.

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
Good advice from BSA.
For something like these vintage speakers, the cosmetic condition is a huge factor in what they will bring, so if they are in good condition, get the best photos you can and describe any blemishes. A buyer needs confidence that there won't be any surprises when he unpacks them, and if it is obvious that you are thorough, they will have that confidence.
. Ok..thank you for the help and they are in great condition..so take individual as well as group and use a good camera up fairly close?....

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
Good advice from BSA.
Thank you for the advice

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
. Ok..thank you for the help and they are in great condition..so take individual as well as group and use a good camera up fairly close?....
Yes and try to find some blemishes!
If you have good picture of any blemishes with a description, the buyer will be comfortable determining whether or not he can live with them and recognize you are being forthright.
Don't forget to inspect the bottom and state which side blemish is on.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Davidray44 Vast improvements on photos. Still could be better yet, but new ones are big step in right direction.
I think I see one of tweeter cones is pushed it? If so - get clear tape and gently use it to pull the cone back up. Do not rip it.

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
Thank you,,i was looking online for safe ways to pull it out,,i know one way involving a small safety pin but i wasnt going to take that route with these , so i was on google when i saw ur e mail so u must be psychic,, clear tape , dont rip it thanks..and ill remember that in the future

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
I was actually putting together a better description and im going to take the right pics now that i know somewhat of what people look for...im glad i found this place ive learned alot about them today....

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
When i had the woofers foam seal fixed i took pics of the insides of both...should i post those with the final ad..?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you,,i was looking online for safe ways to pull it out,,i know one way involving a small safety pin but i wasnt going to take that route with these , so i was on google when i saw ur e mail so u must be psychic,, clear tape , dont rip it thanks..and ill remember that in the future
Don't use safety pin. Just clear tape

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Take pics that show different angles and point out the blemishes with close-ups, think of us & the responses that you're getting as potential and interested buyers...Cheers

Davidray44

Davidray44

Enthusiast
I will, im gonna wait till tomorrow and go out on the side walk where i have perfect lighting and ill post them again tomorrow , hopefully ill ace this teat tomorrow ,,im saving all of the comments from you guys and using the suggestions tomorrow..

S

Scrattie

Audiophyte
Do you still have these speakers? I'm trying like crazy to find 4 of them and have zero luck right now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis