Vidikron Vision 30 DLP projector

L

Leon Woody

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a Vidikron Vision 30 720P DLP projector for under 2400.00. Does this sound like a decent deal? It was an open box used for 2 weeks. Any suggestions on a good screen to match with this? Also are there any pros and cons I should know about this unit as there are not much on the web these days?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would struggle to call it a great deal for sure considering the phenomenal decline in the price of projectors over the last few years and the upsurge of 1080p models which run from $1,500 upwards, this projector may be a bit dated and overpriced by comparison.

On the other hand, Vidikron is known for making some good gear, so there may be some details of this projector which aren't obvious at first glance which I am missing.

Yet, if I had $2,500 to spend right now on a projector, it certainly wouldn't be a 720p model, and would far more likely be something like the Epson 6500UB, the Sony VPL-HW10, or maybe the BenQ W5000 if DLP was something I really wanted. All of these can be had for under $3,000, are brand new, with new lamps and manufacturer warranty and are 1080p models with better specs (on paper) than the Vidikron.

Yet, the paper specs aren't the real world, and without some real reviews of that projector, it's really hard to see how it stacks up to the competitors.

L

Leon Woody

Audiophyte
Thanks for your input on this. Ive pondered the purchased for some time now Although I have been very pleased with the picture produced from the Vision 30. I have always known Vidikron to have great processors so I plunged into it. Its being a 720p doesnt bother me as much as the picture is very detail. I am curious on a screen that will match well with it. Anyone has any suggestions? I plan to purchase the Panasonic bd35 Bluray disc player, even though it would send signals to both my TV and Projectors thats 720p. this purchase is simply for better sound utilizing the DTS HD and Dolby TruHD codecs.

Last edited:
B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
That's a question you ask before buying. The Panasonic AE3000 is a phenominal projector that can be had for that price and it's 1080p.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis