Video set-up Denon AVR-5803 ?

A

agular

Junior Audioholic
Does anybody know how to “assign the video” on the “external in” on a Denon AVR- 5803? I called Denon, and can you believe it they were unable to tell me how and even if it was possible. When connecting a DVD Audio player you need to see the set-up screen.
I have not had any difficulty assigning video all other inputs.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
If I rememebr correctly on the 5803 the EXT in not it's own dedicated input rather a set of inputs that can be accessed by any source. For DVD-Audio I would recommend running a composite video cable to the VDP input and then assigning EXT-IN to VDP (You do this by pressing the EXT-IN button once you are in the source). Leave your DVD hooked up to the DVD inputs using a digital audio cable and a component video cable. Your 5803 sees your DVD player like two different components in this config. The only other option would be to switch manually back and forth between Auto and EXT In on the denon depending on if you were watching movies or listening to music.

Hope this helps.

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,

The 5803 will convert any composite or s/vid signal to component but will maintain it's 480 rez.

This is what I did so it's value to you should basicaly give you an option.

I have a multidisc dvd-a as well as a mltidisc sacd.

They are both also dvds but are only used for video if my main player can't handle a certain disc.
Aside from all the analog cables I've used for each, I also attached a coax or opt to each for digital input designation which are vcr 1 & vcr 2 and also align each with EXT 1 & 2 accordingly. On top of that for a 6th ch I lop THX ULTRA II music mode onto each. Then I take out my SPL Meter & tweak the EXT inputs.

Pehaps I'm doing it all wrong but it seems to work for me.

BTW If anyone withe the RC-8000 remote kit can point me to where I can dnld the (from scratch codes) I'd appreciate it.

Peter M.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis